VERTEX is looking for a dynamic, energetic individual who welcomes the challenge of working within the Air Quality Services division as an Asbestos Air Monitoring technician out of our soon-to-open Washington, DC office. VERTEX is a rapidly growing, multi-national consulting firm that is experiencing exponential growth, and we’re looking to augment our team of talented individuals!
The Field Technician we are looking for will enjoy the challenge of working on multiple projects on a fast-paced schedule, working with senior staff to provide abatement oversight and technical support on a variety of projects. More specific details are described below.
Air Quality Field Technician
Provide project/task management and technical support for multiple projects; provide oversight and direction to junior staff
- Conduct Asbestos Surveys
- Conduct Regulated Materials/Universal Waste Surveys
- Conduct Water Intrusion/Mold Assessments
- Analyze laboratory and engineering data
- Write summary reports for senior review
- Represent VERTEX to the client in a professional manner
- Perform environmental site inspections for asbestos, lead-based paint (LBP), and/or microbial issues, and other environmental related duties, as needed; previous experience is necessary
- Assist with all Building Sciences/Environmental Management projects, report writing, and data entry.
- Other project duties as assigned by senior staff
- BA/BS in Environmental Science or related field is preferred
- Related environmental field experience, Supplemental degrees / certifications welcomed
Knowledge & Skills
- 1-3 years of related experience required in technical activities directly related to HazMat, Mold and asbestos investigation activities, including report writing
- Possess excellent report writing skills to include compilation of quantitative and qualitative data, comparison of findings to industrial standards and guidelines.
- Must possess strong communications skills and the ability to handle multiple assignments
For consideration, submit resume and application here
- Position requires Health & Safety Certification pursuant to OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120
- Certifications (at least one of the following is preferred): EPA Certified Asbestos inspector; EPA Certified Lead inspector; EPA Certified Asbestos Project Monitor; NIOSH 582; OSHA 40 HR HAZWOPER. Experienced asbestos project monitors will also be considered.
Vertex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a positive corporate culture. For more information about the Vertex team, please visit our website at vertexeng.com .