An energetic and innovative organization, Immersion Corporation brings human touch to the user experience through touch feedback – known as haptics – that allow people to experience rich tactile sensations when using digital devices. Our technology has broad consumer appeal and is licensed to product manufacturers and application developers in the mobile, gaming, automotive, consumer electronics, industrial and medical markets. Immersion partners and licensees include industry leaders like Samsung, Microsoft, Sony, LG Electronics, Toshiba, Logitech, and Daesung.
Immersion, the leader in haptic touch feedback, is seeking a Field Applications Engineer, who is a seasoned, highly motivated, resourceful, creative, and enthusiastic leader to drive integration of Immersion’s solutions for automotive products from world-class companies.
Reporting to the Manager of FOCuS (Field Operations and Customer Solutions) , this individual will be responsible for Immersion's Automotive business.
The successful candidate will thrive in an organization whose values focus on the customer, innovation, integrity, amazing people and collaboration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned as business needs require):
Knowledge, Skills and Capabilities Required to Perform the Job:
- Build and Manage Relationships with OEM and tier suppliers
- Drive customer understanding & acceptance of haptics across Sales, Marketing, Engineering and UX departments at OEMs and tier suppliers
- Own Technical relationships with customers
- Support automotive programs in their integration of haptics, from validation and adoption through to commercial release
- Coordinate onsite activities with core development teams
- Assist in the design and development of automotive reference designs and haptic demonstrators
- Communicate automotive industry practices to team members
Immersion - An Equal Opportunity Employer
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical or Similar
- 3 to 5 years of Product Development experience in the automotive industry, preferably with an automotive 1 st tier supplier in HMI cockpit systems
- Understanding of electrical & embedded systems as they pertain to the automotive industry
- Knowledge of common automotive practices
- Strong leadership capabilities, communication, and people skills
- Ability to work effectively and independently while still staying connected to a global team
- CAD capabilities required
- Knowledge of touch sensitive technologies
Immersion's policy is to comply with all applicable laws and to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to non-job-related factors such as race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation. This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
Immersion - 20 months ago