The primary responsibility is promoting assist the Souriau Sales Channel and Souriau’s customers to with all technical aspects of applying Souriau’s products and technologies. The employee is expected to work towards SOURIAU corporate goals and objectives with a consistent eye towards customer satisfaction.
This position provides, technical, and sales support to SOURIAU’s Manufacturer’s Representatives and Distributors by promoting Souriau’s products and services.
This position will typically be measured by overall sales metrics into the assigned region and personal strategic objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
This position is the primary interface between many structures within the Group (the BU, Product Mangers, Project Managers, R & D, Pricing, and Quality) and plays a pivotal role on technical communication both in terms of ascent and descent of information and coordination of circulation between the different services.
- It is likened to a "resource-BU expert cross products" relocated because of the specific requirements of the local market.
- Plays a supporting role, with clients and is pro-active in the market or markets and / or product families that are affected. Could possibly represent the company with local standards committees
- Support the sales channel on New Business Opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Report activities on a monthly basis.
- Work with domestic and foreign product managers to access detailed product information and coordinate pricing for customer offerings.
- Understand and adhere to all corporate, national and international trade regulations.
- Works with both domestic and foreign product managers to acquire product information and develop customer solutions
- Understand and adhere to all corporate, national and international trade regulations
- Develops solutions to meet customers' needs by proposing modifications to standard products that are cost competitive and compatible with SOURIAU manufacturing processes.
- Use knowledge of materials and SOURIAU manufacturing capabilities to develop unique solutions to interconnections opportunities that satisfy customer needs and meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Assists in the field training of Manufacturer's Representatives and Distributors.
- Assists in new product introductions by being the resident "expert" in new product designs and marketing programs to drive promotional activity in assigned territory
- Individual must be a self starter able to work effectively without on-site supervision at various customer locations, home office, corporate offices, various travel centers (Airport, Bus facilities, Rental Car Offices, Train Stations, etc).
- International travel may be required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Collects and summarizes the technical aspect of the customer requirements (operational)
- Must be able to evaluate and anticipate the needs and problems and propose, in collaboration with BU (PM / BE primarily) technical solutions (proposal).
- Entry Point "local technical expertise” delivers the information required in response to a solicitation.
- The interpersonal skills are important within the local culture / language
- Ability to understand complex problems and world towards developing a solution,
- Ability to communicate that solution (internal / external) and support the customer in implementation.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Ability Teaching (internal training (ESF and SRB) and Distributors)
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information (keep the wealth of information while filtering out the useless and ensure cultural translation between the client and the local BU.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listen and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Applicants must meet the requirements of ITAR.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in the Military/Aerospace Connector Market
Ability to read and interpret documents such as technical product specifications, read technical blueprints and drawing, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software.
Other Skills and Abilities
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of all of Souriau's product offerings.
- Demonstrated effective use of all Souriau literature and catalogs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Customers, Distributor Field Sales People, and all coworkers.
- Demonstrated ability to use computer and business software to communicate needs, general information, and to develop customer presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to be innovative and creative in discovering and solving customer's needs with SOURIAU product solutions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials used in product assemblies.
- Demonstrated communication skills for interfacing with customer, marketing, engineering and manufacturing on a worldwide basis while understanding the technical and business needs of an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks within business objectives.
- Develop and report accurate forecasts of projected sales into the assigned territory
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Travel to customers Corporate Offices and off site meetings can be as high as 80%
- Must be able to:
- Drive an automobile
- Use commercial and public mass transit
- Travel with luggage and demo cases, weighing up to 30lbs.
- Have the physically dexterity to operate/demonstrate the product offering
- Use office equipment and mobile communications equipment
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Esterline Technologies - 10 months ago