This technical position will assist external and internal customers primarily through pre-sale, current, and post-sale customer support.
Pre-Sale Customer Support :
Post-Sale Customer Support :
- Assist customers with technical questions and issues to ensure the success of the mechanical and electrical aspects of a customer’s entire system.
- Coordinate information flow between Johnstech, the customer and partner companies to ensure the customer receives a successful test solution.
- Work with partner companies (handlers, testers, change kits, docking systems, IC devices, load boards) to secure design information and coordinate information flow between Johnstech
- Create concept design/layouts for interfacing with new handler/test companies and for new/different IC device type.
- Provide design ideas, preliminary product layouts and other documentation to gain customer understanding.
- Review product quotations and orders for engineering validity.
- Create layouts and check validity of customer requested design modifications.
- Assist customers with technical questions/issues via phone, e-mail and on-site customer visits to help troubleshoot field test problems. Perform on-site troubleshooting in conjunction with Field Service.
- Create new or send existing support documentation to aid in troubleshooting potential problems in a customer’s test hardware configuration.
- Provide design information to field service engineers to assist on-site troubleshooting of customer issues.
- Analyze return product and recommend corrective and preventative actions.
Work with OEM Partner Companies that Interface with Johnstech Products
Act as Internal Technical Expert
- Create concept designs for new Handler/Tester/Device interfaces, and work with the customer to ensure proper interface requirements.
- Assist with technical questions/issues via phone, fax and e-mail to help troubleshoot field test problems.
- Implement required design features into Johnstech products; document requirements specific to vendor interface requirements to ensure correct design and application for future product orders.
- Provide engineering/product data prior to completion of the design.
- Provide applications expertise to Product Development Teams.
- Review Design Engineering output (Datasheet, Part Drawings, etc) prior to release to Manufacturing.
- Provide application information for on-site/off-site staff in a timely manner.
- Develop and administer technical training (formal/informal) including all documents and procedures for customers, sales channel partners, technology partners and Johnstech employees. Topics include, but not limited to, Johnstech products, handlers, packaging types, testers and other interface components and industry issues.
- Attend industry trade shows with the purpose of answering technical questions from customers or technology partners.
- 4 year college degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience working with mechanical products.
- 6+ years experience in the semiconductor test industry (mechanical) including daily contact with manufacturers of integrated circuits, device handlers, testers & loadboards.
- Proficient with CAD, 2D and 3D experience required; able to create, review, and modify.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications.
- Client service focused with effective communication skills; verbal and written.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written; able to discuss technical issues, deliver technical presentations/training and write technical documents/correspondences.
- Strong project organization and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to travel approximately 25%, including international travel.
Johnstech International - 2 years ago