Field Biologist II-1202417
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is located in the Lubbock, Texas area.
The Field Biologist positions project trials and generates data on which to base decisions for future development of compounds and crop production systems. These projects include research and development, selection projects, potential projects, as well as sales demonstrations of, and research on registered products.
Besides internal trials the "territory" to be covered by this position is Texas -(North of College StationTexas), New Mexico and Oklahoma
Makes appropriate contacts with university researchers to introduce candidate compounds into university research programs.
Summarizes field trial results and makes recommendations on marketability of compounds and/or recommends further investigation.
Maintains awareness of competitive commercial and experimental compounds and communicates relative information to Regional Sales Manager and Business Area Technical Manager.
Includes, but is not limited to the establishment, evaluation of trials in the disciplines of herbicides, insecticides, fungicides and plant health products. Includes trial data entry, summarization and communication. Position will communicate and actively support RTP based Biology project leaders as well as local Technical Service demonstration efforts.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
- MS/Ph.D. in Agriculture/Biology or related field. Specialization in Crop Physiology, Agronomy, Weed Science, Plant Pathology, or Entomology preferred.
- Three to five years of field plot experience with agricultural chemical field development and/or university research.
- Demonstrated creativity and ingenuity in determining the performance and commercial viability in compounds from a technical viewpoint.
- A high degree of cooperation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Consistency and dependability in routine tasks.
Other Locations: United States-Texas
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: APN-Agricultural Products Division
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...