Mondelēz International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MDLZ) is a whole new company that has been reimagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands.
Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelēz International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc. While Mondelēz International is new, the company’s brands are as diverse and rich with heritage as the 170 countries in which its products are marketed.
As the world’s pre-eminent maker of snacks, Mondelēz International has leading shares in every category and every region of the world in which it competes. The company holds the No. 1 position globally in Biscuits, Chocolate, Candy and Powdered Beverages as well as the No. 2 position in Gum and Coffee.
Mondelēz International is a global snacks powerhouse with $36 billion in revenues and operations in more than 80 countries. More than 80 percent of our revenues are generated outside North America. Our brand portfolio includes such well-known brands as Oreo, Trident, Cadbury, LU, Toblerone, Halls and Milka.
For more information, visit http://www.mondelezinternational.com/ and www.facebook.com/ mondelezinternational.
We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the Field Controller position in the Chicago Bakery. This position will lead the management, reporting and planning of the plants financial and accounting activities. The successful candidate will need to possess strong leadership skills as this is a key position on the plants management team. Responsibilities will include budgeting, financial analysis, managing the monthly close process, financial reporting and helping to drive plant productivity. In addition, the Controller is responsible for ensuring the integrity of the financial records and safeguarding of assets ensuring a strong internal control environment in compliance with Mondelēz International’s policies, GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley. This position reports to the Director of Manufacturing Finance for Mondelēz North America and indirectly into the Plant Manager.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
B.S. in Business or Accounting/Finance
- Report and presents the manufacturing operation's financial results, risks, and opportunities to key stakeholders in a timely and accurate manner.
- Manage month-end close process within SAP.
- Reconcile Plant Balance Sheet accounts
- Manage & maintain plant financial teamsite
- Provide cost forecasting and analysis, productivity pipeline accuracy and analysis.
- Provide thought leadership and insight on achievement of plant key performance metrics.
- Conduct self-assessment audits and manage all internal/external audits.
- Build and maintain financial standards (financial BOMS)
- Identify and initiate process improvements.
- Lead corporate initiatives within the plant. Support Business Unit Finance as required with respect to projects including capital appropriations and plant utilization/capacity/asset management issues.
- Provide oversight, guidance, and control over Capital requests and spends
- Provide financial support and tools for the Lean Six Sigma Teams.
- Manage and develop a finance staff of 7.
Strong working knowledge of manufacturing operations, product costing, and systems
10 or more years of experience in Finance or Accounting Management
Excellent analytical, leadership, and communication skills
Orientation towards details and result driven
Extensive practical systems knowledge (SAP/Other Costing Systems, advanced Excel)
Demonstrated Project and Change Management abilities
Professional accounting designation CPA, CMA, CGA and/or MBA in Accounting/Finance would be an asset
Previous Plant Controllership experience would be a plus
Mondelēz International, Inc. is an equal opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We actively seek to maintain a diverse work force, and Mondelēz International, Inc. therefore recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or Vietnam veteran status.
Monster - 16 months ago