At PlumChoice, our team is revolutionizing the technology services industry. We are delivering more efficient, responsive and innovative technology solutions for our clients' business to succeed. We value innovation, initiative and a collaborative style, and are looking for highly talented people who want to join an exciting high-growth company and be part of building the future.
We are looking for a strong desktop technician to join our company and hit the ground running as a field technician/engineer performing project and break/fix work for customers in the Boston Metro area. Candidate will be working with in a team, with a lead engineer and taking direction from that engineer for onsite project delivery. The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills. The candidate should have very strong PC implementation and troubleshooting skills, printer and other peripheral installation and setup skills, as well as, some Windows server and network management knowledge. Apple Mac experience is a plus. Approximate 50/50 time split between delivering project work and performing onsite break/fix work.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
oWorkstation OS’s: Windows 7, Vista, XP, 2000 required (Mac OS a plus) and the implementation and troubleshooting of those solutions.
- Handle a fast paced environment with the multitasking various projects and tasks.
- Work with the Project Services team to deliver onsite and remote projects. Includes traveling to the customer site and/or remotely controlling systems to provide project or break/fix support.
- Build, configure, and maintain customer’s laptops and desktops.
- Overall knowledge of network concepts including how to properly connect desktops/laptops to local area networks and Windows domains.
- Perform virus and spyware removal and laptop / workstation maintenance and repair.
- Provide daily or as required updates to company on status of ongoing issues and challenges with client’s projects and break/fix requests.
- Out of hours work including week nights and weekends depending on customer’s needs.
- Exchange, Citrix, Active Directory, and basic network cabling knowledge.
- Strong experience troubleshooting desktop and laptop issues.
- Must have strong understanding of and experience working with the following technologies:
oServers OS’s: Windows Server 2003/2008 R2 preferred, but not required.
oAntivirus: Rollouts and Management / Troubleshooting and Removal
oStrong working knowledge and implementation skills with regards to Microsoft Office 2003, Office 2007, and Office 2010
oKnowledge of applications such as ACT, QuickBooks, Log-me-in Rescue, backup solutions, other accounting applications, VPN, and other email solutions preferred but not required.
oGeneral network troubleshooting skills
oHelp desk support and troubleshooting workstations, printers and other network or office equipment.
o2Mac Experience a plus.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
MUST LIVE WITHIN 25 MILES OF BOSTON
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in the IT services field is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting, building, delivering desktop, laptop, and other peripheral solutions.
- We work as a team, but being a self-starter who takes initiative to understand their task and takes ownership of it is critical.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Available on nights and weekends as needed.
- Be able to utilize their own vehicle to travel to customer sites on a frequent basis.
ADA DISCLAIMER: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.