Graycor is looking for recent or spring 2013 graduates. Individuals whom have completed or looking to complete a degree in construction management or other technical discipline, have solid construction internship experience, and are looking to pursue a professional career within the industrial construction market are strongly urged to apply.
- Maintain and update project documentation for the project
- Prepare, transmit and expedite project documentation to the Owner/Architect/Engineer for approval
- Develop and maintain the project schedule, maintain changes and submit revisions.
- Track and expedite schedules for the delivery of equipment and materials, and assist in their procurement
- Advise the Superintendent and Project Manager on the compliance of the subcontractors and vendors performance
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the provisions and requirements of all contract documents, including plans, specifications, owners contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
- Input weekly quantities and assist in the monthly project performance and profit analysis of the project
- Assist in the preparation of estimates and quotations for extra work
- Meet with subcontractors and vendors on matters of a technical and contractual nature
- Assist the Project Manager in bid preparation, subcontractor/vendor solicitation, evaluation and award
- Assist Project Manager/Superintendent in the efficient control and management of the project
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time, depending on project requirements
- Bachelor level degree in construction management, engineering, or other relevant technical discipline
- 0-1 years of relevant construction internship experience, industrial experience is preferred
- Basic understanding of construction document control
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite required; Primavera (P6) and Timberline are a plus
- Any relevant licenses and certifications are a plus
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work on cross-functional teams as well as independently
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- The ability to interact professionally and effectively with managers, co-workers and construction craft employees
The Graycor Family of Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Graycor - 2 years ago