Raytheon IIS is looking for successful candidate to provide mission support to various CONUS and OCONUS Global Hawk Ground Station locations but will be stationed at Guam. The candidate will be assigned to this location but must be open to potential travel for mission support to other various CONUS and OCONUS Global Hawk Ground Station locations worldwide. Duties will include install HW/SW, checkout and debug HW/SW, design and develop solutions to problems discovered through installation, checkout, and use or system analysis. Determine root cause, develop, design and implement solutions or coordinate with customer and plant engineers to resolve issues. Interface with customers on short-term and long-term technical, operational, mission related and deployment requirements. Develop, coordinate and implement plans to achieve customer requirements. Analyze system performance vs. technical requirements, research and make HW/SW improvement recommendations. This supports a Airborne Communications Node through Global Hawk Ground Stations Operations
- 0-2 years HW/SW maintenance/troubleshooting/design skills for UNIX systems.
- UNIX general system administration.
- Direct experience on SUN and/or SGI workstations (or equivalent UNIX platform), Ethernet networks (Fast/Giga), routers and switches.
- General knowledge of networking (servers/hubs/switches/routers) and TCP/IP.
Desired Skills :
- UNIX coding/debugging; experience in ATM LANs, long haul links, RF links, VOIP, and data communications.
- Experience with scripting, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Sybase and/or SQL
- Cryptos KG75/175. RF and data links. Any familiarity with the Global Hawk Ground Segment a plus.
- Experience or familiarity with HVAC, UPS systems, diesel generators a plus.
CLEARANCE : Ability to obtain SECRET CLEARANCE required. Existing transferable SECRET CLEARANCE will be given preference in hiring selection
TRAVEL : CONUS/OCONUS travel probable.
WORKWEEK : Non-standard wok week, overtime/weekends/shift work likely in support of 24x7 operations.
Required Education (including Major): BS in Engineering/IT/CS or equivalent technical expertise/domain knowledge OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS appropriate degree = 8 years of applicable experience).
Raytheon - 8 months ago
Raytheon ("light of the gods") took a shine to its place in the upper pantheon of US military contractors; the company regularly...