Title: Field Engineer III - FAI - Rhode Island
Location: Rhode Island
Fujitsu America, Inc. provides a complete portfolio of business technology services, computing platforms, and industry solutions. Fujitsu platform products are based on scalable, reliable and high-performance server, storage, point-of-sale, and mobile technologies. Fujitsu combines its renowned platform offerings with a full suite of onshore, near shore and offshore system integration, outsourcing, and datacenter services covering applications, operations, infrastructure, customer service, and multi-vendor lifecycle services. Fujitsu provides industry-specific solutions for retail, manufacturing, healthcare, government, education, financial services, and telecommunications sectors. For more information on Fujitsu America's business scope, visithttp://solutions.us.fujitsu.com/.
We are seeking a Field Engineer III for our ITS department to be based in the Rhode Island area.
To perform this job successfully, a Field Engineer III must perform equipment and/or software repairs at various customer locations with minimal direct supervision. This position is recognized for exceptional technical (hardware and machine level software), and customer problem management expertise. It is required that initiative be demonstrated in all aspects of performance of assigned responsibilities and that it be promoted in others through example and encouragement. Assists less experienced team members to improve their technical and team related skills. Provide a focal point for communication between Fujitsu and its customers. Takes leadership role in the delivery of hardware and software services within the account or account group. The total job responsibility (territory, training, coordination, etc.), is substantially larger than a Field Engineer I or II. The Field Engineer III must be available to work flexible shifts, standby and overtime as required, and to adhere to all company ISO policies and procedures.
- Assists in the Planning or scheduling of hardware activities within the account or account group.
- Instrumental in technical skills development and knowledge transfer to team members.
- Takes a leadership role in achieving customer satisfaction objectives at all accounts or account group.
- Responsible for implementation of ISO 9001 processes and procedures within the account or account group
- Responsible for communication between internal organizations and customers within the account or account group.
- Takes a leadership role in the team's financial success including proper accounting of team revenues, cost containment and delivery of service opportunities within the account or account group.
- Adheres to defined logistic and escalation procedures.
- Demonstrates and adheres to FAI safety practices and procedures.
- Diagnose and correct failures in assigned hardware products effectively using resources as appropriate to restore proper operation in minimum time, seldom requiring assistance.
- Maintains a working knowledge of FAI diagnostic and maintenance procedures to assist in solving customer problems.
- Capable of distinguishing between hardware and software problems across a multi- vendor environment.
- Takes a leadership role in the development and execution of hardware service activities such as installation/relocation of machines, FCOs, and deferred maintenance to minimize interruptions to the system's operation.
- Delivers technical consulting services to customers such as quickstarts, operating system upgrades, patches, training etc.
- Establish and maintain site log information when applicable, appropriate spares inventory, updated diagnostics and documentation, and adhere to the ISO 9001 procedures.
- Proven capabilities in diagnosing and correcting system malfunctions related to at least one Operating System/Platform, i.e. OS390, Open Systems and/or NT.
- Participate in Team standby rotation
- 2 year Technical Computer Degree or equivalent experience
- A Certification preferred
- 4 to 8 years prior experience
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Demonstrates good people management skills
- Ability to use test/diagnostic equipment such as a PCs and digital multi-meters.
- Ability to develop effective relationships with others and communicate with account personnel as appropriate.
- Demonstrates good written and oral communication skills.
- Projects a professional image.
- Effectively diagnose and repair PC/Desktop or POS terminals
- Certified in at least one operating system
- Able to provide phone assistance with hardware and software problems
Fujitsu - 8 months ago
Fujitsu America believes in the power of information and technology. A subsidiary of Fujitsu, the company offers a broad portfolio of IT...