Responsible for addressing employee relations concerns and recruiting for open positions at assigned facilities. Must be able to travel up to 75% of the time with overnight stays required as business needs dictate.
- Ensures compliance with all employment laws, regulations, and FedEx Ground policies, procedures, and processes.
- Identifies employee relations issues and resolves as appropriate. Provides Human Resource (HR) advice to management and responds to employee inquiries.
- Conducts investigations in a timely and appropriate manner. Identifies the issues and parties involved and provides a thorough and accurate investigative report with appropriate recommendation(s).
- Maintains an HR presence in assigned facilities by engaging all levels of employees through activities to include, but not limited to, dock walks, engagement meetings, and/or special events.
- Leads the development and execution of the recruitment strategies while managing costs to budget. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment activities, peak planning, and participating in outreach events. Builds and maintains effective relationships with schools and community-based organizations.
- Analyzes data and provides recommendations to management for improvement initiatives.
- Prepares, audits, and monitors Affirmative Action Plans.
- Screens resumes of internal and external candidates for non package handler positions, participates in the panel interview process, and makes recommendations to the hiring manager regarding final selection decisions.
- Properly and timely dispositions applicants and jobs by effectively utilizing applicant tracking system.
- Assists management with development of job offers, which includes gaining appropriate approvals.
- Ensures all new employees are on-boarded effectively.
- Manages participation in all government-sponsored tax credit programs.
- Facilitates and conducts training.
- Participates in hub and station assessments and assists with strategic planning solutions.
- Participates in Operations’ staff meetings.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Communications, Liberal Arts, or related discipline required. In addition to Minimum Experience, high school degree or GED and four (4) years employee relations or HR generalist experience is accepted in lieu of degree.
Two (2) years professional HR experience, including employee relations and/or recruiting, required.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information and communicate with all levels of management.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and work independently in responding to day-to-day functional needs.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with employees.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Ability to work day, evening and overnight hours as business needs dictate.
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred.
Fedex Ground - 4 months ago
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...