Health, Education & Social Programs
Public Health Division
Work from home
About ICF International
ICF International (NASDAQ: ICFI) partners with government and commercial clients to deliver professional services and technology solutions in the energy and climate change; environment and infrastructure; health, human services, and social programs; and homeland security and defense markets. The firm combines passion for its work with industry expertise and innovative analytics to produce compelling results throughout the entire program life cycle, from research and analysis through implementation and improvement. Since 1969, ICF has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. More than 3,500 employees serve these clients worldwide. ICF's Web site is
ICF International is seeking Field Interviewers for a 5-6 month survey of HUD - assisted households in
Bedford, Cambell, and Lynchburg counties in Virginia
. If you live in the selected counties, have an interest in social program research, and can commit to a position from December 2013 through April 2014, we encourage you to apply. If hired, you will be paid $11.40 per hour must attend a 10-day paid training the first two full weeks of December 2013 in Baltimore, MD.
This position is NOT recommended for students enrolled in college courses that require weekly class attendance or other individuals who have daytime commitments that cannot be rescheduled.
ICF is conducting a study for The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), which is the agency responsible for administering Federal housing assistance programs.
ICF International is responsible for collecting the data necessary to identify and report on errors made in tenant rent calculation in subsidized housing programs across the United States and Puerto Rico. Field interviewers will be responsible for collecting the required information from subsidized housing sites within a specified geographic region near their home address. Information that will be used to determine error will be collected from two sources:
1. Information in the tenant file that is maintained by the subsidized housing project, such as the income and expenses for the household (in addition to other data) that was used to determine what the rent amount is for that household.
2. Information obtained directly from the tenant through an in-person/in-home interview.
Contact the identified project staff of each subsidized housing project to arrange a time to work in their office.
Using defined procedures, select a random sample of tenant households from which data will be collected.
Enter data into a laptop computer using specialized software for each step in the data collection.
Using information in the selected households’ file, enter data regarding the characteristics of household members, and additional rent calculation data.
Make copies of, organize, label and package, relevant materials regarding the household’s characteristics, income, expenses; rent calculation data, and other documents as required.
Contact tenants and arrange appointments to conduct in-person/in-home interviews.
Keep accurate records that are clear and supportive through paper forms and computer entry.
Maintain the confidentiality of sensitive data (on paper and on the computer).
Communicate progress on a weekly/as needed basis with field supervisor via phone and e-mail.
Transfer data daily to headquarters electronically using ICF provided air card that provides an Internet connection.
Send required paperwork to headquarters at least weekly using ICF pre-paid Federal Express envelopes and labels.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience or a Bachelor's Degree
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to pass a federal/state background check
- Have a valid driver’s license and vehicle that will be used for local travel or have access to public transportation in urban areas
- Ability to climb stairs frequently
- Flexibility; some weekend and evening hours likely
- Experience in field data collection, survey/social science research, marketing, or administration
- Experience in journalism/reporting, investigating, social work etc.
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
- Well-organized, detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to adhere to strict study procedures and deadlines
- Ability to interact professionally with project staff and tenants
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Have excellent communication and writing skills
- Must be able to independently solve problems
ICF International is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/D/V
For a listing of other career opportunities at ICF, please visit our Career Center at
ICF International - 9 months ago