Please apply ONLY if you are within a reasonable distance from Austin, TX.
We are looking for bright, self-motivated, outgoing individuals in your area to work on the Survey of Consumer Finances (SCF) 201 3 .
Sponsored by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (FRB). SCF is a study occurring every three years which gains critical insights into the economic circumstances of American families. It is the only systematic source of aggregate household data available to policy-makers concerned with inflation, unemployment, interest rates, and national saving. The field period begins April 2013 and continues through December 31, 2013.
Benefits associated with the Field Interviewer position
- An opportunity to work on an important, national research project
- Temporary employment with hourly pay and retirement benefits, subject to eligibility
- Field Interviewers talk to people from every conceivable walk of life, in person at their homes and sometimes by telephone to obtain information on issues that will affect social policy
- Field Interviewers administer carefully developed, field-tested questionnaires to respondents on laptop computers
Learn more about the Field Interviewer position .
Training will be In-Person, including an overview of the project and review of survey instruments and data collection procedures. Trainers will provide a refresher of data collection logistics prior to the start of data collection events. The three-and-a-half day in-person training is scheduled for April 2013 in the greater Chicago area. Attendance is mandatory.
If you have additional questions, please call the Regional Manager for your area listed at NORC's Career Central .
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor's degree or college coursework in social science or related field preferred)
- Previous data collection or field interviewing experience highly preferred
- Familiarity and comfort using computers and accessing the internet is strongly preferred
In addition to meeting specific job requirements, employees hired for this position must present evidence of their identity and authorization to work in the United States (I9 documentation) and must undergo a background check.
NORC at the University of Chicago is an independent research organization headquartered in downtown Chicago with additional offices on The University of Chicago's campus; Washington, D.C.; Bethesda, Maryland; San Francisco, California; Boston, Massachusetts; and Atlanta, Georgia. NORC also supports a nationwide field staff as well as international research operations. With clients throughout the world, NORC collaborates with government agencies, foundations, educational institutions, nonprofit organizations and businesses to provide the data and analysis that supports informed decision making in key areas including health, education, economics, crime, justice, energy, security, and the environment. NORC’s 70 years of leadership and experience in data collection, analysis, and dissemination—coupled with deep subject matter expertise—provides the foundation for effective solutions.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce.
National Opinion Research Center (NORC) - 15 months ago