The role of field marketer provides exposure to marketing complex technology solutions across a variety industries and diverse geographies. The role provides the opportunity to demonstrate real impact that is immediate and rewarding. FICO is small enough for everyone to feel a strong team spirit and ensure their contributions are recognized. Additionally, FICO is also large enough to provide valuable training and career developmental opportunities….” - Senior Director, FICO
A senior role in the marketing organization, the Director, Field Marketing is responsible for developing and executing regional and country-specific marketing programs. The role is primarily focused on partnering with regional sales teams to develop and execute marketing strategies grounded in lead development, demand generation and sales readiness as well as building corporate reputation and establishing market presence for FICO globally. It is critical that the holder of this position is intimately familiar with FICO’s brand positioning, product offering, and product development roadmap and client challenges. Comparable experience in unrelated sectors or companies will not allow this individual to make the necessary early contribution.
A key role in the FICO, the Director of Field Marketing is responsible for developing and overseeing the execution of marketing programs in North and South America. The role is primarily focused on partnering with sales teams to develop marketing strategies grounded in lead development, demand generation and sales readiness as well as building corporate reputation and establishing market presence for FICO in the region.
• Strategy and planning to support overall regional business planning through understanding their market (market segmentation, growth opportunities, key industries and solution areas) and determining appropriate marketing activity.
• Develop and manage demand generation activities such as email and relationship building campaigns, events, digital marketing, speaking opportunities and account-based marketing. The position will manage one-to-one, one-to-few, and
one to-many marketing activities to provide sales with new opportunities to get in front of customers
• Research and planning that supports business initiatives through market understanding (market segmentation, growth opportunities, key industries and solution areas) and determining appropriate marketing activity.
• Facilitate engagement with sales by acting as the conduit between marketing and sales – bringing corporate programs to sales and communicating sales’ needs back to corporate marketing – such as gathering account and market information for program execution. Approximately 60-70% of the position’s time is spent with the sales organization.
• Bring corporate programs to life in the respective field geography by taking programs from the corporate marketing organization, adding customization based on the needs of the geographies, and rolling out locally.
• Roll-out of key country-specific websites as part of overall locally relevant web re-architecture.
• Performance measurement and budgeting, managing marketing budgets in the respective region and measuring and reporting performance of marketing activities against revenue goals.
• Build thought leadership and awareness in their respective region, working closely with Corporate and Product Marketing and Corporate Communication for regional and local implementation of corporate programs.
• Ensure sales, lead development and professional services teams are properly sales enabled
• Identify and develop potential successors within the FICO workforce, and train and mentor them with the objective of creating a local succession plan.
• Extensive marketing experience preferably in a software or technology environment
• Capable of understanding of FICO products, processes, internal matrix organisation, client challenges and product development roadmap
• The ability to think strategically while implementing tactically (while balancing sales and marketing needs).
• In-depth understanding of sales – what drives salespeople, how to communicate with them, and the details of the sales process – supporting the need to drive to a quarterly number
• Strong marketing execution skills across key functions including Demand Generation, Direct Marketing, Events, Marcom, PR and Web; demonstrate a command of the marketing mix to both leverage the captive installed base as well as prospect.
• Analytic skills to support data-driven decisions and program development.
• Proven experience developing internal operational Field Marketing procedures and Field Marketing processes.
• Agency/vendor resource management experience.
• Excellent leadership, collaboration, communication and change management skills.
• BS or equivalent degree. MBA or advanced technical degree.
• Building strong teams and seeing them shine (perform)
• Love the chase; then the win
• Independent; likes autonomy
• Pride in company, quality of integrated solution
• Outcome oriented; doesn't confuse activity/productivity
• Won't rest on laurels; driven to perform again and better
• Confident; persuasive
• Selling style is competent, yet forceful
• Aggressively pursues business; seeks out opportunities
• Constant juggler of priorities, work demands and changes in plans
• Very conscientious about follow through and commitments – accomplishes more through quality of delivery
• Embraces accountability
• Disciplined, yet adaptable to pressing demands
• Works relationships - aware of who can help make progress
• Builds reputation - clients come first - available and responsive
• Strong communicator - conveys information clearly which others value
• Discerning, accounts (both needs & people) are strategized
• Strives for knowledge - utilizes information to build case for need, problem resolution, leading to purchase
• Like business, enjoys the strategy and the "hunt"
• Can understand & work "pipeline"
Our Compensation Approach
FICO - 16 months ago
At FICO, you can advance your career within one of the fastest-growing fields in technology today - analytics. With our industry leading...