The Plymouth Rock Group employs over 1500 people and is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Plymouth Rock holds an A.M. Best rating of “A-/Excellent.”
Plymouth Rock is looking for a Marketing Manager who will be charged with the direct management of field marketing representatives and through them, be accountable for driving sales, promotion of the company products, culture and relationship philosophies to existing and potential agents in order to meet the Company’s business goals.
This role is accountable for the daily management and business relationship between Plymouth Rock and its appointed independent agents. Responsibilities range from establishing and managing agent’s annual business plans against our strategic business goals and developing, implementing and monitoring various sales programs. This individual also serves as the liaison between all the functional departments within Plymouth Rock and our agents.
Responsibilities as Manager:
- Oversees the marketing representative and their agency assignments. Provides structure and guidance to the Marketing Representative for their agent visits.
- Develops, implements, and monitors agency distribution strategies. Provides feedback on producer performance and acts to resolve problems (along with the Marketing Representatives).
- Manage the prospecting of new agents based on our current appointment goals. Reviews the profiles of agents interested in appointments for acceptability. Communicate decisions back to the Marketing Representative.
- Manage/direct the training, development, and appraisal of Marketing Representatives.
- Participates in the management and promotion of a hybrid distribution model leveraging the internet and expertise of the independent agent.
- Assists in the development and management of agency recognition programs designed to strengthen relationships with top producers.
- Assists in the development and management of agency compensation programs.
- Adheres and manages to departmental expense budget.
- Meets and exceed sales and profitability goals for assigned agents.
- Develops productive relationships with existing and prospective agencies.
- Monitor, analyze and report on agency production and quality results against company objectives. Identify practical solutions and action plans to improve results.
- Conduct face-to-face meetings with agents to strengthen the business relationships; identify and close sales opportunities; and gather competitive intelligence.
- Develop, implement and monitor agent sales programs and campaigns.
- Assist with design and delivery of agent training programs to advance the sales skills, product knowledge, and performance of agents and marketing assistants.
- Act as key day-to-day liaison with agents and assist in the resolution of issues or problems impacting the agent/company relationship.
- Serve as the liaison between all the functional departments within the Company and our agency force.
- Strategic prospecting and qualifying of new agents
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of all company products, guidelines, and procedures. Also maintains an understanding of the regulatory issues impacting the MA auto insurance marketplace.
EDUCATION, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of MA automobile insurance marketplace required.
- Proven sales skills. Must have the ability to close or complete the sale.
- Experience in building relationships with internal and external business partners
- Ability to train, coach and motivate sales agents.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical ability – able to interpret, assimilate and translate data.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Products.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of five years Sales/Marketing and/or Underwriting experience in P&C industry preferred.
- 40% travel within MA required. Company vehicle provided.
- Smartphone and laptop provided.
Plymouth Rock Assurance Corporation - 17 months ago