How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Maximizes the sale and distribution of Gallo brands in on-premise accounts by executing sales/marketing strategies and creating an annual sales plan for the area of responsibility.
• Trains and coaches distributor salespeople and district managers in relevant on-premise divisions.
• Inspires and motivates distributor management and sales people (Kick offs, new program introductions, and crew drives) to maximize the sale and distribution of Gallo brands.
• Works with distributor management to understand performance expectations and establish necessary sales goals, priorities, and incentives.
• Creates annual plan addressing distribution, promotion, and demos/tastings; develops local market advertisement and promotion plans including sales incentives.
• Coordinates with the local Shopper Marketing resource to ensure relevant materials are available to activate locally in market.
• Creates periodic local/regional communication on the 6th standard customer contact list.
• Manages and leverages assets/collateral associated with sponsorships.
• Collaborates with customer development teams to build relationships with key accounts.
• Collaborates and consults with field colleagues to identify and collect pricing opportunities, analyze and determine tactical pricing changes, and ensure pricing is consistent with brand guidance.
• Ensures on-premise prices are consistent with deal structure expectations.
• Balances planning efforts with day to day demands; including but not limited to conducting demo’s and tastings and inventory management.
• Develops or approves recommendations to change systems, policies, and procedures; ensures timely and accurate implementation.
• Participates in department and interdepartmental planning and management teams and works cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization.
• Directly monitors and ensures achievement of performance goals and objectives.
• Oversees and handles projects that have short to long term focus.
• Controls and monitors business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc).
• Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
• This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 2 years of Gallo Winery or affiliated distributor sales experience OR Bachelor's degree plus 3 years of non-affiliated winery sales, distiller sales, distributor sales or marketing experience OR 7 years of non-affiliated winery sales, distiller sales, distributor sales or marketing experience.
• Required to obtain liquor license as required by state/locality.
• Required to see, smell and taste wine.
• Required to travel by airplane or automobile.
• Required to possess a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of Gallo Winery or affiliated distributor sales experience.
• Experience selling or marketing Gallo brands.
• Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions.
• Experience addressing customer needs a primary focus of one’s actions; experience building positive relationships with customers (translates as both internal and external).
• Skilled in monitoring the results of multiple assignments and projects.
• Experience establishing action plans for oneself and others to ensure tasks and projects are completed on time.
• Skilled in anticipating future consequences and trends accurately, can create competitive strategies and plans.
• Skilled in commanding presence, presenting ideas effectively to individuals or a group.
• Experience adapting presentation strategies to suit the needs of the audience and the situation; skilled in clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media that engages and inspires.
• Experience taking prompt action to accomplish objectives and taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required; being proactive
• Experience setting high standards of performance for self and others; experience implementing standards of excellence.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 15 months ago
Over eighty years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's...