Southwestern Energy Company is a rapidly growing, independent producer of domestic natural gas an important natural resource that helps fuel our nation’s economy while playing a critical role in America’s quest for energy independence. Southwestern Energy Company began operating in Arkansas 80 years ago. We now produce primarily natural gas from more than 1.5 million acres of land and have expanded our operations into Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania and Canada. We also engage in natural gas gathering and marketing activities in our core market areas in support of exploration and production activities. We are currently looking for a Field Mechanic for our operations in Damascus, Arkansas
Field Mechanic – Well Services
Be onsite during all operations. Repairs, maintains, and installs hydraulic fracturing equipment. Cleans parts, such as pistons, valves, and parts of transmissions and clutches. Inspects parts for defects and repairs and or installs new or reconditioned parts. Reassembles complete units. Tests function of pumps and other mechanical units to assure efficiency of operations. Installs repaired equipment at sites, observes operations, and readjusts components, as necessary. Ensure that all equipment is continually maintained at the highest standards, resulting in proper functionality & minimum failures. Perform preventative, planned & unplanned maintenance, repair, overhaul, trouble shoot and test mechanical & electronic equipment according to Company standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- RigUp/Rig Down for Frac job as part of the team. Assist E-Tech to get pressure and data cables properly installed.
- Making sure all equipment is ready for operations.
- Ensuring all equipment is secured and in the off position during a period of down time. MTU's switches should be turned off regularly. Remain on location until release by Frac supervisor.
- Responsible for startup of all equipment on location. Must understand the startup procedure.
- Check all engine fluids and visually inspect all components prior to start up.
- Communicate with crew about startup procedure.
- Expected to be attending to the equipment, which means visually walking around and Inspecting equipment for leaks, gauges, ect. within the allowable areas; responsibility is with the equipment.
- Perform repairs to equipment; ensure proper LOTO procedures are followed, if applicable
- Fill packing lube greasers after completion of each stage and properly functioning.
- Fill equipment in preparation for next stage.
- Complete appropriate reports for each piece of equipment. This is important since we use On-ROAD fuel in pumps.
- Walk site to ensure operators have turned pumps/tractors off.
- Check packing and grease levels in reservoir.
- Assist in housekeeping of location before exiting.
Minimum of Two (2) years of experience as a field mechanic for fracturing operatiosn
Working together in a positive team environment.
Must be organized and attentive to details in a fast paced working environment.
Knowledge of engine and pump diagnostic software
Ability to champion a company safety culture.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Grad, GED or Equivalent Experience
CDL A -Hazmat(preferred)
SouthWestern Energy Company - 17 months ago