Handle needs of customers, process documentation that accompanies the movement of freight and perform other administrative duties as necessary in the daily operation of the service center.
- Enter data into current system(s)
- Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
- Track status of shipments as requested
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Perform administrative functions, including, but not limited to filing, answering phones, imaging
- Communicate with sales and operations
- Assist customers to determine pick-up or delivery needs
- Demonstrate internal and external customer service
- Ask for additional business from customers, and provide leads to sales for potential new opportunities
- May reconcile cash and checks collected and prepare deposits
- May perform overage, shortage and damage (OS&D) functions
- Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- Must possess high school diploma or equivalent education
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Able to count and perform basic math, with or without a calculator
- Basic written and verbal communication skills (documentation, communication with peers, supervisors, etc.)
- Basic e-mail use and Microsoft Word and Excel skills preferred
- Demonstrated time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Able to follow instructions and complete required training
- Able to work alone or as a team member
- Ability to lift/carry objects weighing up to 25 pounds several times a month if performing OS&D function
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...