This position is responsible for reliable and timely supply of seed production in the assigned area of the NAFTA region with emphasis on cage production . The incumbent will manage all aspects of safety and compliance, assigned grower contractual agreements and relationships, or other supporting activities. This position may supervise seasonal and contract employees. The position maybe based at any U.S. production site under direct supervision of the Cage and Production Operations Manager or Area Production manager. The role may be expanded to include additional responsibilities to support Monsanto business
This position will require focus in the following areas:
Safety and Compliance:
ESH – Promotes an environment of Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) and ensures all Monsanto ESH requirements are met fully executed and documented with the goal of “zero” recordable incidents. Ensures all employees and visitors are trained and follow established procedures. Works within team, among peers and cross-functionally to ensure best and consistent practices are embraced and results and met using metrics.
Compliance – adheres to company FCPA, Business Conduct and Human Rights policies. Ensures federal, state and local compliance requirements are met, documented and reported as required.
Contractual Agreements - Works with growers to ensure our business needs are secure according to our production strategy and approved budgets.
Reliability of Supply and Timeliness
1. Production Data and Analysis – works with production team to comprehensively review quantity, quality and timeliness data and addresses areas for improvement, simplification, optimization or expansion for the betterment of our business.
2. Grower Pricing Review Process – work with peers and area production managers follow a standardized process to review grower pricing strategies and reduce financial exposure.
3. Crop Placement – ensures crops are placed in a manner to meet targeted contract quality, quality and timeliness requirements.
4. Grower Relations and Contracts – conducts face to face discussions and negotiations. Ensures best practices and maintaining a positive and vibrant grower network. Completes annual 5. Grower Rating process based on performance and working relationships and addresses issues in a positive and professional manner. Understands the importance of grower costs are how they are effectively managed.
6. Crop Management, Harvest and Delivery – Knowledgeable of all stages of the crop cycle are how they are managed by the local production team. Ensures all production data is reported accurately, timely in SAP and FIDO and is transparent to the business.
Cost Management and Control
1. Overview : Understands concept of budgets and CAPEX activities to meet annual and LRP directives. Develops an understanding of the impact of over-production, guarantees and other contract clauses on our business.
2. Seasonal and Contract Labor – Ensures department procedures for approvals and manages costs to meet agree targets. Understands impact of labor and cost on production.
3. Grower Payments – Understands grower payment process.
4. House Keeping – Ensures site is maintained in a professional manner at all times. Any seed, trash, materials and equipment must be disposed according to Monsanto policies and federal, state and local compliance requirements in a timely manner.
Innovation and Sharing
1. Innovation : Embraces the importance of innovation and promotes an environment of continuous improvement
2. Production Research – works with production research personnel to identity and address project activities to improve reliability of supply. Understands how all production research is prioritized, agreed upon by the stakeholders and aligned with our regional production strategy and data is analyzed, summarized and shared.
3. Implementation – promote new techniques or procedures among growers and gains their acceptance. Works with internal and external stakeholders (when needed) to understand new innovated techniques and methods.
4. Sharing Best Practices – ensures an environment of open communication among production areas and willingly shares production information within and across our regions.
Transparency and Metrics
Production data – Ensures all production, ESH and cost data is captured and reported in a timely and efficient manner in SAP, FIDO or other required data bases and is visible to the business.
Metrics – uses metrics and targets to manage and deliver results and their relationship to our business.
QMS and Continuous Improvement – Ensures all processes and procedures are properly documented and posted as part of our QMS system.
1. QMS - Meets expectations related to ISO 9001-2001 certification, Six Sigma and LEAN activities
2. Root Cause and Corrective Action – utilizes process of root cause analysis to review crops below or above expectations and corrective action steps needed.
3. Area Analysis – utilizes process of area analysis and action points. Follows how issues are closed on tracking log.
- B.S. degree with 1or more years seed industry experience with a combination of manufacturing, operational and/or production experience with emphasis on personnel development is highly desirable. Excellent human relation skills, effective oral and written communication skills required. Demonstrated supervisory abilities are critical.
- Develops understanding of Six sigma / LEAN concepts. Certification is highly desired at the time of hire.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally with various internal departments and external agencies to ensure Monsanto ESH and compliance requirements are met.
- Must be able to write ISO documentation, obtain stakeholder approval of documents and conduct necessary training.
- Excellent communications skills including the capability to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral or written communications.
- The ability to communicate with different reporting levels in multi-national and cultural organization as an individual or a team.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced global and multi-cultural vegetable seed company.
- Decision making and problem solving skills. Capability to take action in solving problems while exhibiting judgment and a realistic understanding of issues.
- Challenging the status quo to improve processes and the way things are done.
- PC proficiency with MS Office (Excel, Access, Power Point) and ability to demonstrate computer skills in SAP and FIDO.
Monsanto - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...