Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Operate under limited supervision within Property Management or another business area in managing the property valuation process for assigned properties by obtaining appraisals and determining accurate real estate property valuations. Prepare and review accurate, current, and accessible reports. Perform special projects requested by management.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare reports to document inadequacies identified through the review process if the appraisal or value conclusion is considered unacceptable.
- Review and determine effect of repairs, if any, on property values.
- Perform property inspections to ensure that the appraiser and broker have identified all issues with the property.
- Provide valuation training for assigned appraisers and brokers. Monitor appraiser performance. Escalate issues as appropriate.
- Ensure that best values are obtained for assigned properties by reviewing appraisals, BPOs, and reconciliations. Monitor adherence to corporate policies and procedures, including Fannie Mae's valuation guidelines and other valuation tools.
- Gather and analyze market data and report market trends for designated territories.
- May refer and vet potential appraisers.
- May perform moderately complex projects or participate as a team member on more complex projects.
- Work closely with the valuation department in Dallas and the REO sales team.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 2 years of related experience
- 6 or more years of related appraisal and appraisal review experience of residential and foreclosure properties in the specific geographic markets associated with the location of the position. Experience within a corporate environment is a plus.
- Currently certified or licensed appraiser.
- Strong process and time management skills
- Prior experience in high volume, deadline driven environment
- Strong quantitative analysis/methods experience and attention to detail
- Must have access to appropriate real estate data sources in your market to complete appraisal reports.
- Experience analyzing BPO vs. appraisal reports to reconcile values.
- Ability to field-inspect properties.
- Must be able to travel frequently within assigned territory and work remotely from a home office. Some overnight travel is possible.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and relationship management skills critical to success with a focus on an ability to build mutually supportive partnerships.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs: Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to convey information with ease in groups and one-on-one.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...