To grow the fertilizer, crop protection chemical, technology and seed sales in the Woodburn branch.
Responsible for managing existing and attracting new customers within sales territory.
Assist customers with proper product selection and use based on agronomic needs.
Maintain and develop profitable customer relationships.
- Develop strong business relationships between growers, Wilbur-Ellis and manufacturers to produce a robust Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Program utilizing beneficial insects, chemistry, and other means.
- Management of existing customer base.
- Identify new customers, understand their business, determine their needs and develop plans and actions for sales territory growth.
- Communicate with branch management the initiatives, objectives, strategies, and action plans.
- Point person for managing the support resources for the territory including value added nutrition, branded products and technology. Overseeing the implementation and success of the plans and objectives with branch personnel.
- Development and promotion of preferred and Wilbur-Ellis Company branded products through trials and on-nursery demonstrations.
- Responsible for sales territory budgeting, forecasting and analysis.
- Responsible for following credit policies and managing risk for the company.
- Development of annual business plan that optimizes growth and profitability for the territory.
- Build product and market knowledge to add understanding and credibility.
- Become primary contact between your customers and Wilbur-Ellis Company including deliveries, forecasting, credit, complaint handling, custom application, etc.
- Strictly follow all company policies which includes safety & regulatory.
Required Skills, Experience and Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in horticulture, agronomy, plant pathology, entomology or associated agricultural science. A college degree can be waived if an outstanding and dynamic individual with a proven successful track record in retail sales and production agriculture has the necessary experience for this job position.
- Four (4) years’ experience or education is preferred.
- Good i nterpersonal and team building skills with a positive attitude and ability to establish relationships with field personnel, peers and customers.
- Knowledge of commercial nursery practices.
- Strong working knowledge in entomology, plant pathology and nutrition specific to nursery production.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills to small and large groups with an ability to lead and influence
- Detail and accuracy orientation with an ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Some travel necessary for internal and industry meetings
- Proficient with computers utilizing Microsoft Windows and Windows applications.
Wilbur-Ellis Company - 20 months ago