GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE Lighting’s Professional Sales Organization has an exciting opportunity for an experienced lighting sales professional to be on the forefront of GE Lighting’s efforts to generate demand with a primary focus on energy efficient projects within our lighting fixtures and controls product lines. As GE Lighting expands investment in “Green Products” and system based lighting solutions, the business is increasing its focus on fixtures and controls.
• Drive fixture sales growth, working directly with our fixture agent network, across fixtures and lighting controls product lines.
• Act as fixtures and lighting expert to “C-suite” and organizational decision makers by interpreting lighting designs, proposals and lighting audit results to include payback, ROI, etc.
• Utilize partners (distribution, contractor, fixture agents, etc.) and coordinate with influencers (specifiers, public utilities, architects, engineers, designers, etc.) to “own” the entire sales process, close orders, and maximize revenue opportunities for the business.
• Network with customer organizations to identify planned retrofit and new construction projects that present an opportunity for sales of GE products. Develop an appropriate plan, engaging others as needed, to convert the opportunity into revenue.
• Communicate regularly with all sales team members to ensure clear understanding of targets, status, and solicitation plan and ensure coordination of sales efforts.
• Develop strategic, long-term relationships with key decision makers at end user accounts.
• Assess current and potential customer base to fully understand existing conditions through basic lighting audits to create baselines for development of project solutions.
• Maintain current and complete knowledge of changing legislation and new technology advancements.
• Create and deliver impactful presentations to End Users to inspire them to specify GE Lighting and LED solutions.
• Build and constantly replenish a pipeline of fixture and control opportunities and track through the CRM tool.
• Capitalize on green building trends and seek creative ways to leverage GE Lighting and LED solutions to help end users improve system sustainability and achieve other potential goals such as LEED certification.
• Navigate internally through key support functions including Pricing, Product Management, Supply Chain, Technology, Specification Engineering and Customer Service.
• Demonstrated expertise and/or sales success with fixture and controls product lines.
• Minimum 3 years of successful strategic selling of “value propositions” directly to the end user of a product or solution.
• A Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, industrial distribution or sales related discipline.
• Solid understanding/knowledge of the construction process value chain and experience using audit and layout tools, along with the understanding of ROI calculations.
• Understanding of the fixture and controls distribution model and experience working with lighting agents, and distributor sales and support.
• Experience working through project development process (RFI, RFP & RFQ).
• Previous utilization of a CRM Tool and the management of an opportunity pipeline.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Persuasive skills to influence decision-making process to include ability to clearly present and articulate a value proposition.
• Ability to effectively identify and qualify prospects in new market areas.
• Strong technical aptitude and proven ability to sell a technical solution.
• Working knowledge of business finance and experience selling products that require capital budgeting.
• Self-confident and creative thinker who can contribute to overall sales development strategy.
• Self-starter with ability to work with little direction and within a team environment where the performance of others affects success.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• 3+ years of experience selling fixtures within the manufacture, agent, and distribution channel.
• Experience developing and executing strategic plans with construction contractors, architect-engineering firms, and end users including retail, commercial office, industrial facilities, universities, school districts, hospitals.
• LEED AP, LC, or energy management certification.
• Extensive knowledge and expertise in lighting product application, lighting layouts, lighting software, project specifications and timelines, and blueprints.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart