Field Sales Representative / North Central North Carolina Territory
**Candidates must live in the territory**
Manheim’s Field Sales Representative uses his/her past successes in sales and customer service to develop and maintain relationships with existing Manheim customers. More specifically, the person in this role services and grows customers in their assigned territory with in the Southern California market, by selling the full range of Manheim services including buying and selling opportunities at Manheim locations outside of the assigned market.
The Field Sales Representative actively services assigned customer accounts, selling new or incremental Manheim services and ensuring that any service issues are effectively addressed. This individual helps the customer understand the value proposition that Manheim provides, and by doing so effectively, showing significant year over year growth with each account assigned.
- Develops and executes a plan to grow assigned accounts
- Services accounts in person and via phone, looking for incremental growth opportunities
- Addresses any service issues for customers
- Utilizes Salesforce.com as our CRM on a daily basis for reporting purposes
- Works closely with Account Development to smoothly transition accounts
- Achieve or exceed established sales goals as set by Manager
- Deliver superior customer experience in order to achieve account retention and growth
- Manages and services an account list in person, via phone and through email
- Build strong, lasting relationships with dealers and operating location staff
- Knows the competition and how to sell against it
- Manages service issues through multiple wholesale auction channels until a satisfactory resolution is found on behalf of customer
- Assesses customers’ wholesale inventory needs and offers solutions that increase their business with Manheim
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years proven success in outside sales and service required.
- Automotive, auction, wholesale internet sales/service a plus;
- Experience in selling and servicing an account list;
- Proven track record of growing accounts from an existing base.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required;
- Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment;
- Easily able to grasp in-lane and online products and services and how to leverage in a competitive marketplace;
- Understanding of the retail/wholesale marketplace in an operational context to best position the Manheim Value Proposition
- Ability to use Internet and MS Office effectively with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment;
- Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills
Selection elements :
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Regular day travel required as well as some infrequent overnight travel.
- Candidates must live in the assigned territory
Our company values the health and financial well-being of its employees and provides a variety of health care programs, which includes medical, dental, vision, employee and dependent life insurance, long-term disability and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) for health care and dependent care expenses. The Company believes financial security in retirement is important and offers a 401(k) Savings Plus Plan as well as company-funded Pension Plan.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.jobs .
- 19 months ago - save job