Hill-Rom is a $1.7B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.
The duties of the Field Service Engineer position are to provide IT support, implementation, network design and topology and network integration for new Hill-Rom IT Solution products as well as service, and support of existing Hill-Rom IT Solutions’ products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develop and execute system integration plans using multiple vendor products, & coordinate with customer IT or MIS departments, perform site surveys, RF surveys,
Perform custom installation and implementation of Hill-Rom IT Solutions’ and their partners’ applications/systems. This primarily entails installing and configuring applications on servers and proprietary devices/hardware, configuring system networks and working with the customer’s wired and wireless infrastructure to complete implementations. Perform system preventive maintenance services as required by contract.
Organize and manage network architecture, system fail-over, and other technical system design discussions with customer IT, MIS or biomed departments, installation contractors, and other trades as required. Execute all installation/implementations and service tasks per protocol.
Ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction are maintained while considering business unit goals and fiscal responsibilities inclusive of utilization and billability guidelines.
- Perform move, add, and/or change services to existing systems.
- Actively participates as team member resolving technical support troubleshooting to resolution
- Resolve operational issues in a variety of hardware/software solutions at client sites using logical troubleshooting techniques
- Implement and maintain network and server documentation
- Act as a technical liaison with all business partners and internal Hill-Rom stakeholders
- Off-hours coverage and emergency support as needed. Perform on call responsibilities per specified schedule or as otherwise prescribed by the supervisor.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Safety training, meeting and medical testing requirements are kept up-to-date. Operates safely and within guidelines or regulations. Demonstrates a pro-active approach towards safety, health, and quality in compliance with all company, governmental and customer regulations.
- Provide continuous improvement feedback both written and verbal to improve products and processes. Contribute to improvements and utilize internal tools such CRM, knowledge base, InfoCenter, etc.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures. Effectively implement service policies and procedures to support company objectives, including service documentation, SOP/WI training, expense reporting, maintenance of test equipment and filing and record keeping systems in accordance with standard work.
- Other duties will be assigned as necessary.
No Supervisor responsibilities. Provide guidance and support to IT Service Technicians in the field.
Strong organization skills, detail orientation and the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and prioritize work.
- Basic understanding of deploying and supporting Microsoft Windows platforms, SQL, IIS server and associated networked systems.
- Candidates should possess strong oral, written communication skills to resolve network and server related issues into actionable concepts for customers to understand.
- Maintain a professional image and demonstrates a willingness to contribute at all levels.
Possess ability to work through issues and bring projects to completion; perform complex research, analysis, and troubleshooting; and resolve critical problems over sustained time durations in a logical manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization (both within Hospitals and with third party contractors).
- Off-hours coverage and emergency support as needed. Perform on call responsibilities per specified schedule or as otherwise prescribed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs and have a valid driver’s license.
- Possess expertise in client/server networking environments and best practices, experience with hardware vendors and a strong understanding of networking aspects, TCP/IP, OSI Model, Microsoft Windows Suite, SQL, managed switches (Cisco, Bay, Netgear, etc), VOIP, network security, etc.
- Willingness to travel extensively on short notice
- Understanding of project management fundamentals and demonstrated history of executing projects using project management methodology
- Must possess the ability to handle multiple projects and deliverables with limited supervision and be able to work independently or in a small team environment
Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas and a working knowledge in most areas:
- This position requires a BS in computer science, information systems, or equivalent experience in a multi-site, professional services firm supporting non-technical users.
- Minimum 3 years network experience.
- Experience configuring, setting up, and debugging PC-based systems.
- Preferred telephony experience
- Experience in network security
- Preferred certification in: CCNE, MCSE, MCDBA, Security +
- SQL/Scripting/Reporting Engines/Analytics (SAS, Crystal, etc.)
- Wireless - Enterprise level/managed networks
- RF Principles
- Networking (TCP/IP, Routing and Switching, Subnetting, Security)
- Enterprise level hardware (Server/Client OS, SANS, RAID)
- Telephony (PBX/VOIP)
- Middleware (Rhapsody, etc.)
Hill-Rom - 20 months ago
Hill-Rom Holdings holds Hill-Rom Company, which, in turn, holds hospital patients safe and secure. Hill-Rom makes, sells, and rents hospital...