Under general supervision and with considerable responsibility for work output, the successful candidate will install & support advanced Vessel Control & Automation systems.
- Key tasks include service & installation of marine equipment and control systems at offshore sites.
- Tuning, calibration, and programming.
- Updates and modifies equipment as necessary.
- Maintains detailed service records.
- Instructs customers and workers on the operation and proper use of equipment.
- Acts as liaison between employer, customer, and regulatory bodies.
Working knowledge of:
- Strong knowledge of electronics theory and application
- GPS\Differential Correction Systems
- Depth Sounders
- Steering Propulsion Systems
- Serial communications
- PC Proficiency
- PLC-based control and automation systems a plus.
Extensive domestic and international travel will be required. Must be able to obtain visas to countries such as Brazil, Nigeria, Australia, and China.
**This position will be based out of either Houma or New Orleans, Louisiana, with territory in the Gulf of Mexico.
Minimum Education/Experience Requirements:
AA degree, technical certificate, diploma or 3 years experience in related field required. Experience with electrical cable install, termination, instrumentation layout & connections required. Should be experienced with standard electronic test equipment, computer hardware/software, and network systems.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 50% of the time
Dynamic Positioning and Control Systems, Inc.
L-3 Communications - 10 months ago
L-3 GCS believes a satellite communications system is more than the sum of its parts. The systems integrator resells satellite telephones an...