This role combines the typical service engineer function with that of application support within North America. The role is designed to provide synergy between technical issues, applications, advance metrology topics, and training/support of both the sales and service organization.
Delivering superior customer satisfaction and enabling growth of the sales and service organizations, this role is key to forward looking objectives, new applications and industries where our instruments and services may benefit customers.
This position will require the individual perform a number of tasks both proactively and reactively in an applications and service engineer roles.
This position requires travel (extensive at times). The position reports directly to General Manager of Service. The position directly supports the North American Sales and Service organizations and is a member of the Taylor Hobson Global Applications Team.
Job Duties include, but not limited to the following:
Service Engineer Role:
Applications Engineer Role:
- Schedule and perform Installation, repair, maintenance, training and support of TH equipment in assigned territory.
- Support service efforts across North America as required.
- Manage territory and customers to provide highest level of customer satisfaction while meeting growth targets.
- Provide all administrative documents in a timely manner as required.
- Work directly with local Sales associate to increase instrument footprint in territory.
- Resolve customer conflicts and technical queries using all tools available.
- Provide proactive communication with service leadership with regards to all aspects described in this document.
- Sell additional application support and training to customers.
- Contact each customer post installation to discuss training needs.
- Communication with members of the sales /service team.
- Secure new applications from the US sales team via weekly contact with Regional Sales Managers.
- Provide weekly application “Newsletter” with new applications to the US sales team and to the Global Applications manager.
- Understand the application for each system sold in the US post letter date.
- Remain current on the latest software features that support new applications
- Disseminate new system abilities to the US sales team on a continual basis.
- Support applications programming and training where needed
- Responsible to report any open and unresolved application issues with a timeline for resolution.
- Attend all global applications meetings and as a follow up, send out new and relevant information to the sales team
Minimum 5 years field service experience (or military equivalent), or BS degree in Mechanical Engineering. Military experience in nuclear, fire control, aviation repair, or ET. E6 or above preferred.
Strong hands on experience with working knowledge in the following disciplines: Electronics, mechanical systems, computer hardware and software. Strong customer focus and follow-up skills. Sense of urgency and self- motivated. Ability to multitask and maintain solid deductive reasoning skillset. Excellent written and verbal communications required.
AMETEK, Inc. - 17 months ago