“The Power of One”
Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world.
Gen-Probe Incorporated is a global leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of molecular diagnostics products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, ensure transplant compatibility, and aid biomedical research.
We are delighted to announce that as of August 1st, 2012. Hologic and Gen-Probe have joined forces to create Hologic’s molecular diagnostics business. Hologic Gen-Probe is dedicated to saving lives through early detection, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatment. Together we are a Company that is ethically, emotionally and financially committed to helping improve lives the world over. By joining forces, we have a rare opportunity to make a greater difference, a responsibility we take very seriously.
“The Power to Shape Your Future”
We are currently seeking a full-time Field Service Engineer (FSE) to be based in or near,
Boston, MA and cover all of, or parts of, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Connecticut and Canada . Additional coverage of surrounding states and periodic travel outside primary territory may be required. This position is responsible for conducting advanced troubleshooting to repair, test and qualify Gen-Probe’s molecular diagnostic automated instruments in labs & hospitals. This person will also schedule and manage preventive maintenance and work with OEM suppliers and vendors on quality issues. We are looking for candidates who have a strong combination of hands-on electronic equipment testing experience and top-notch customer service skills.
This person will work out of a home based office and position will require 50%+ travel (car provided). Valid passport required.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
RELATED BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
- Conducts advanced troubleshooting to repair, test and qualify instruments located at assigned territory sites.
- Provides 24/7 coverage to customers within 24 hours of notification.
- Schedules and manages preventive maintenance and unscheduled visits to instrument sites.
- Determines correct inventory levels of repair parts with supply lines.
- Documents repair/ resolution of customer calls in CRM system and escalates issues to management as needed.
- Works with Product Application Engineers to resolve quality issues and advise of issues and developments.
- Keep management advised of issues and developments.
- Ensure instrumentation is in compliance with regulatory requirements and quality control standards.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Working knowledge of chemistry principles and chemical handling techniques.
- Understanding of proper use and operation of electronic testing equipment.
- Knowledge of inventory and procurement systems.
- Ability to interface with internal and/or external customers.
- Solid computer skills.
- Time Management Skills
Hologic Gen-Probe offers a dynamic and innovative work environment along with excellent benefits that include sponsored medical/dental/vision benefits, bonus potential, 401(k) w/company match, paid vacation/sick time /holidays, assistance with continuing education, on-site fitness center, and our own Waterfall Café.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years related experience with 2+years field experience and/or direct customer interaction
We invite you to view our Career Video!
Please apply online by visiting:
Hologic Gen-Probe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be given consideration regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, handicap status or veteran status.