Field Service Engineer (Equipment Engineer) - Future Opportunities
- GLOBAL FOUNDRIES Fab 8 is seeking highly skilled and motivated Field Service Engineers who will
drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers. Own installation, start up and volume ramp for all respective semiconductor process equipment. Drive preventative maintenance and troubleshooting solutions while focusing on continuous improvement.
We are seeking Field Engineers with experience in the following areas:
· Cleans/Wet Etch
· Dry Etch
· Thin Films (PVD & CVD)
· Defect Inspection
This job posting is for a "future opportunity" and does not represent a current vacancy. Job listings such as this allow GLOBAL FOUNDRIES to proactively review and identify talent on an on-going basis before a position becomes available. We encourage you to submit your credentials today with the understanding that a position does not exist and that you may not be contacted by a recruiter in reference to your resume submission. When an appropriate position opens that matches your profile, we may contact you to apply directly to the new position. We will keep your information on file for one year.
· Drive equipment planning, equipment selection and configuration with the area process engineers
· Own installation, start up and volume ramp for all respective semiconductor process equipment
· Strong focus on keeping timelines and cost/budget control
· Primary decision maker with facilities for equipment hookup and subsequent control
· Establish and manage the equipment budget, cost model (multi-million dollar budgets per year)
· Work in close collaboration with Process and Manufacturing
· Establishment of the equipment engineering and maintenance related business processes, necessary to run the tools in production, as well as their documentation according to quality standards.
· Ensure close interaction with equipment suppliers. Supplier management – own escalation to the supplier of issues (includes calling in specialist – travel, service changes)
· Define and control maintenance contracts as well as their continuous improvement
· Advanced trouble shooting of semiconductor process tool issues
· Set up Equipment performance KPIs, monitoring and adjustment according to fab goals
· B.S Degree in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science or related subjects with a minimum of 3 years equipment engineering experience on relevant equipment (i.e., LAM, TEL, AMAT, Mattson, Axcelis) or Technical AS or equivalent degree with a minimum of 5 years equipment engineering experience on relevant equipment (i.e., LAM, TEL, AMAT, Mattson, Axcelis)
· Minimum 3 years job experience in semiconductor manufacturing and logistics
· Excellent interpersonal skills, energetic and self starter.
· Strong continuous improvement mindset, permanently driving to identify and eliminate waste and errors in business processes, work procedures and instructions, work organization
· Capture complex situations very fast, react accordingly and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs
· Demonstrated ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization and experience in working with external constituencies.
· Strong organizational skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and able to react to shifting priorities to meet business needs.
· Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments.
· Willing to travel for business as required
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the world’s first full-service semiconductor foundry with a truly global footprint. Launched in March 2009, the company has quickly achieved scale as the second largest foundry in the world, providing a unique combination of advanced technology and manufacturing to more than 160 customers. With operations in Singapore, Germany and the United States, GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is the only foundry that offers the flexibility and security of manufacturing centers spanning three continents. The company’s three 300mm fabs and five 200mm fabs provide the full range of process technologies from mainstream to the leading edge. This global manufacturing footprint is supported by major facilities for research, development and design enablement located near hubs of semiconductor activity in the United States, Europe and Asia. GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is owned by the Advanced Technology Investment Company (ATIC).
For more information on GLOBAL FOUNDRIES , visit www.globalfoundries.com
GLOBAL FOUNDRIES is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V).