Building on its heritage of more than 65 years, Alcon, the global leader in eye care, is the second largest division of the Novartis Group with combined pro-forma sales of more than USD 9.4 billion in 2010. The division was formed by Novartis on April 8, 2011, following the closing of the merger between Alcon and Novartis. The new Alcon Division combines the product portfolios, commercialization capabilities, R&D and talent of Alcon, CIBA VISION and Novartis Ophthalmics. Today, Alcon has more than 22,000 employees with headquarters in Fort Worth, Texas, U.S.A. Alcon's three businesses - Surgical, Pharmaceutical and Vision Care - meet the diverse needs of eye care professionals and patients offering the widest spectrum of eye care products with operations in 75 countries and products available in 180 markets. For more information, visit www.alcon.com.
- Requires a combination of technical ability and sales skills in order to install, manage and maintain equipment along with the ability to achieve annual sales goals.
- Manages a customer base as defined by a geographic territory. Extensive travel required.
- Maintains high customer satisfaction within their territory and facilitates rapid communication and problem resolutions.
- Uses independent discretion to assess training needs of customer representatives when user issues arise. Upon installation, train customer representatives on operational aspects of the product and/or refer training within appropriate Alcon organization structure.
- Use technical knowledge and judgment to technically manage products to meet equipment requirements. Install and maintain equipment, as required.
- Strategically promote, educate and market Alcon services to customers.
- Achieve annual, forecasted financial results.
- Accurately maintain service computer information systems.
Prefer Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering related field or equivalent. Additional minor in business desirable. Must have at least 2 years of experience in technical services and/or field service in a technical instrument organization. Experience in technical services and/or sales in a medical instrument organization highly desired.
Our generous benefits package includes the Novartis Investment Savings 401(k) Plan which provides a company contribution of up to 6%. In addition, after one year of service, employees are eligible for the Alcon Retirement Plan (ARP), to which Alcon contributes 6% of eligible pay. By combining the Company's contributions to the 401(k) and ARP, employees can receive up to 12% of eligible pay from Alcon towards retirement. Alcon also offers a premier level of coverage for medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverage, an on-site fitness center and much more. Consider having all this in a fast paced environment within a stable world-class organization.
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to quality through diversity. Pre-employment drug testing.
Job.com - 20 months ago