NOTE: This position is with PacBio's distributor Tree Code Sdn Bhd.
Field Service Engineer - Malaysia
This is a field-based position that provides on-site customer support for Pacific Biosciences revolutionary new third generation DNA sequencing platform. This person will install equipment at customer sites, ensure it meets performance specifications, and train operators on its use. They will be responsible for the ongoing repair, maintenance and upgrade of the instrument at multiple customer locations. This position will require flexibility in job responsibilities, travel and assignments. This will require a highly motivated individual, dedicated to deliver a best-in-class service experience to our customers.
• BA or BS in Engineering or Science or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of five years servicing or supporting complex electromechanical/chemical equipment.
• Some knowledge of biochemistry, biology and/or other life sciences.
• Good command of English verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Travel required in South East Asia and training in USA
• Proficient with computer software and hardware, including Windows and Linux OS, real-time processing systems, disk arrays and Ethernet architecture.
• Valid driver’s license with good driving record.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Experience with life sciences instrumentation, especially DNA sequencing technology, mass spec, HPLC a significant plus.
Pacific Biosciences - 14 months ago
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...