Field Service Engineer - North America West
Molecular Devices, LLC provides one of the widest ranges of bioanalytical systems for life science and drug discovery research available from a single supplier. Our systems are built on proprietary technology platforms that deliver high performance, flexibility, and reliability. By joining Molecular Devices, you will work with best-in-class people who share a common purpose - to be our customers' first choice for innovative systems, tools, and support that advance both basic and applied life science discovery.
In this role, you will join a team of dedicated field service professionals to help the service business achieve its growth and profitability goals by helping to find and close new Service business opportunities, consistently providing timely, high quality, on-site service of high-performance bio-analytical measurement and research systems.
Key areas of focus will include:
· Provide exceptional on-site installation, evaluation, repair, maintenance, and relocation of our scientific research instruments with a focus on our drug discovery product lines.
· Foster and maintain positive relationships with both external and internal customers to meet and exceed their service expectations.
· Promote a consistently positive image of the service organization, our company values, and the value of our products.
· Collaborate with customers and regional service teams to creatively solve laboratory service challenges and add value.
Drive Profitable Growth
· Actively participate in growing the Service and Sales organizations business by anticipating and helping to fulfill customer wants and needs while optimizing revenue opportunities.
· Interact with internal departments such as Sales, Product Support, and Manufacturing to provide “Voice of the Customer” feedback for opportunities to place, improve, support, service, and/or develop products or features to meet customer needs.
· Actively manage individual P&L (Profit & Loss) to reduce waste, increase efficiency, and promote profitability.
· Complete and administratively close calls quickly and correctly to enable timely revenue recognition.
· Efficiently manage individual open calls queue and be aware of team member queues to ensure that we meet customer needs while reducing travel time and costs to the company.
· Use sound judgment in the use of company funds and resources
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Biology, or related field is preferable.
We will consider appropriate e
xperience in the industry and/or previous successful field service experience.
Minimum of 5 years of experience with scientific research instruments, scientific background, or similar technical profession.
Previous successful field service position is a plus.
Must be comfortable with managing total customer relationships/experiences.
Must demonstrate a history of diligence, attention to detail, and superior customer (both internal and external) focus.
Proven self-starter with an outstanding work ethic and history of superior performance.
Must demonstrate a history of strong technical, mechanical, and problem solving capabilities.
Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
Ability to speak, read, and write in English is required.
Other language fluencies are a plus.
Strong time management skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Ability to quickly learn and master additional software applications desired.
Must be willing and able to pass drug testing as needed to access customer sites requiring substance abuse screening.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Must have a passport and be able to travel outside the United States.
Ability to travel extensively (60 – 80%); mainly within the continental United States and Canada.
Must be able to lift and move up to 75 lbs.
Frequent bending, squatting, and standing are required.
Molecular Devices is part of the Life Sciences & Diagnostics segment of Danaher Corporation. Danaher is a science and technology leader that designs, manufactures, and markets innovative products and services to professional, medical, industrial, and commercial customers. Our premier brands are among the most highly recognized in each of the markets we serve. The Danaher Business System provides a foundation to our 59,000 associates around the world, serving customers in more than 125 countries. In 2012, we generated $18.26 billion of revenue. For more information please visit our website:
North America-United States-CA-Los Angeles
Danaher - 16 months ago