The Field Service Engineer 2 position will provide on-site customer product support for Illumina's products.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Install, upgrade, repair, and maintain instrument systems in defined territory.
• Troubleshoot and repair system problems.
• Submit service reports, expense reports, and "Bug" reports in a timely manner.
• Enter work performed in service database in a timely manner.
• Maintain accurate service spares inventory.
• Revise/review SOPs.
• Demonstrated ability to align optical systems.
• Mentor junior FSEs.
• Provide field technical support for FSE's.
• BS in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, related degree with knowledge in the biotechnology/biomedical industry, or applicable military experience.
• Travel required up to 70%.
• Must be highly motivated and have strong problem solving ability.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must have good technical writing abilities.
• Must be able to work independently and as a team player.
• Computer experience and literacy a must. Working knowledge of Visio a plus.
• Must be flexible in working hours as this position may require customer support during non-regular business hours.
• Demonstrated account management skills
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 14 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...