Field Service Manager-Big Truck
Put a LIFT in Your Career! NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc. (NMHG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for an exceptional and talented Field Service Manager-BigTruck . This position is field-based, with reporting relationships in our Berea, KY facility and Americas Division Headquarters facility in Greenville, NC. NMHG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the Material Handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
NMHG is looking for an energetic individual to have a positive influence on the organization. This position requires strong product, technical and industry knowledge of Big Truck or related product lines. Additional abilities include strong communication skills, problem solving, and facilitation and negotiation skills. As a Field Service Manager, you will have the opportunity to provide field service technical support for NMHG 8-52 ton Big Truck product, which involves significant interface with the dealer network and customer base in support of product sales and customer satisfaction.
Key accountabilities include:
- Actively participate in field problem solving situations related to product performance and customer acceptance. Drive field problem identification and resolution utilizing engineering and manufacturing resources
- Support general sales effort for new truck sales by conducting product service introductions and customer visits to ensure satisfaction with products.
- Effectively communicate requirements for product corrections, modifications and improvements to service management, product engineering and manufacturing teams.
- Support service technician technical/ operator training through the dealer network.
- Administer warranty policy adjustments within assigned guidelines.
- Four year degree in Engineering or related field strongly preferred.
- Combination of product and field based experience working with Big Trucks or related product lines. Five years of experience strongly preferred.
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and PC.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulics, internal combustion engines, motors, control systems and product design principles.
- Position is field-based, requires significant travel (50%+) and operates from a home office.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k), and profit sharing.