Command Center is looking for Field Service Mechanics in Williston and Dickinson, ND. This person will be responsible for the repair, service, and maintenance of rental equipment in the shop and in the field at the customer’s job site. This could include troubleshooting and repairing diesel, hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical equipment.
- Must be able to perform a variety of skilled duties which may involve inspection, diagnosis, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on general rental and/or high reach equipment.
- Service equipment as required to ensure proper operating condition at the job site
- Must be able to operate equipment such as booms, forklifts, compressors, portable and stationary generators, hydraulic and electrical tools and equipment, and related tools and equipment.
- Satisfy in a timely manner, all required documentation, timesheets, checklists, receiving records and repair order logs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance as required to ensure the timely and accurate completion of preventative maintenance activities.
- Clean work vehicle and work area as necessary to maintain a safe work environment.
- Meet all company, governmental and equipment related safety requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Service Manager or authorized personnel
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Read and interpret specification and manuals
- Ability to diagnose and repair a wide variety of mechanical and electrical equipment
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools, equipment, and diagnostic devices
- Ability to understand and fill out service-related documents and paperwork
- Must be able to operate a 2-way radio
- Required the ability to lift, push, or pull and move up to 70 pounds and must be capable of climbing, kneeling, twisting and bending in a varied environment
- Must be dependable and report to work on time
- Must be able to communicate effectively with customers, supervisors, yard and dispatch personnel
- Must exhibit a high level of safety consciousness and a clear understanding of equipment safety
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Must maintain satisfactory driving record at all times which may be subject to approval by company’s insurer and in accordance with all applicable state and federal laws
- Maintain and update equipment records by entering data into a computer
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A valid driver’s license plus must be able to meet
- Vocational Training and/ or Technical Certificate of equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience as a heavy equipment/diesel mechanic, preferably in the field
- Experience performing industrial lift and/or aerial equipment repairs preferred
- Provide own tools and possess ability to safely and effectively use them
- Must be able to perform basic computer operations
Pay is $25.00/ hr.
Housing Options are available
Command Center, Inc. is a national staffing company that specializes in placing Field Team Members (FTM's) for the general labor, light...