Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 13,900 units and over 1.7billion operating hours in 98 countries. Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products. Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,000 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Field Service Representative in Chicago, IL.
Field Service Representatives are responsible for the preventative maintenance, commissioning, installation, call-out, diagnostics, and repair services on Solar’s product lines. The job also requires the use of many unique computer software applications and processes.
- Able to provide preventative maintenance, commissioning, installation, call-out, diagnostics, and repair services.
- Able to plan and execute major interventions on schedule and within budget.
- Provide daily reports to the relevant manager of on-going projects or daily work.
- Able to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency.
- Able to coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required.
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to solve complex problems with little or no supervision in a time efficient manner and at a nominal cost.
- Able to recognize potential safety hazards and take appropriate action to prevent damage to people, equipment, property or loss of production.
- Able to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems.
- Capable of reading complex drawings and technical manuals.
- Able to provide scheduling of personnel and materials resource planning required of plant maintenance.
- Will be required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area or location if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
A minimum of a High School Diploma.
A minimum of 5-10 yrs working on Solar Turbines equipment (or similar types of turbo-machinery).
Former Military experience a plus, both mechanical and electrical, with gas or steam turbines (e.g. GSE, GSM, MM (Nuclear), EM (Nuclear), and AE) is preferred but not required
Experience with Aviation Airframe and Power Plant experience on Gas Turbine engines is preferred but not required.
Previous experience with PLCs is highly desired.
Knowledge of engineering principles, problem solving, creativity, business sensitivity, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills are also necessary for success in this job.
Applicants should have demonstrated excellent performance in current and prior positions and must demonstrate high energy levels, a sense of urgency, have the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and apply sound business judgment.
Able to display the ability to professionally represent Solar at all times. Willing and able to work unpredictable hours (weekends and holidays included), flexible to schedule changes and heavy travel requirements.
Military veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Local candidates will be given strong preference.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Solar Turbines conducts drug screens and background checks.
Please visit our website www.solarturbines.com for more information about our company.
See Job Description
Monster - 16 months ago