Headquartered in San Diego, California, USA, Solar Turbines Incorporated, a subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of industrial gas turbines, with more than 14,400 units and over 1.9 billion operating hours in 98 countries.
Products from Solar Turbines play an important role in the development of oil, natural gas and power generation projects around the world. Solar Turbines’ products include gas turbine engines (rated from 1590 to 30,000 horsepower), gas compressors, and gas turbine-powered compressor sets, mechanical-drive packages and generator sets (ranging from 1.1 to 22 megawatts).
Solar’s customers put the company’s products to work in many areas including production, processing and pipeline transmission of natural gas and crude oil and generation of electricity and thermal energy for processing applications, such as manufacturing chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food products.
Solar’s foundation is people and Solar’s culture is one where individual contributions are valued, diversity in the workplace is encouraged, and safety is emphasized in all aspects of the business. Solar Turbines is comprised of a dedicated and multi-talented workforce of more than 7,500 employees with decades of experience working as a global team.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Field Service Representative in Houston, TX
This position serves as a company technical and administrative representative, and deals with customer service assignment including on-site preventive maintenance and inspection service work. Work is normally performed according to specific, detailed instructions with latitude to act independently increasing with the individual’s professional development. Monitor maintenance services or installation support to ensure they are carried out within company policy, manufacturers’ recommendations and in a safe manner.
- Ensure major interventions are planned and executed on schedule and within budget.
- Must have basic knowledge of methods and experience in the maintenance of various equipment associated with primary and utility equipment.
- Able to recognize abnormal sounds vibrations, and potential safety problems at inception and take appropriate action to prevent a serious safety hazard from developing. This is to prevent damage to equipment or loss of production. Provide daily reports to the relevant manager on on-going projects or daily work.
- Keep abreast of pending work and personnel required to complete the projects.
- Ensure that necessary parts are available and submit materials requisitions when required.
- Able to keep and update all equipment histories to effectively forecast equipment utilization and efficiency. Coordinate any changes necessary to ensure operations are efficient and minimal downtime is required. Ensure effective communication and reporting to immediate supervision and if applicable, customer representatives. Will utilize sound judgment when analyzing problems.
- Able to solve problems with little or no supervision in a timely manner and at a nominal cost.
- Able and aware of procedures and options for identifying sources of information and technical advice.
- Will have sufficient product knowledge to repair and adjust minor mechanical/electrical components/systems and will be capable of reading applicable drawings and technical manuals.
- Able to provide short term scheduling of personnel and materials required for smooth routine maintenance of plant. Ensure that operations can release equipment in a timely manner for maintenance.
- Required to assist in a technical manner with the operations and maintenance crew in any area if the workload exceeds the number of personnel available.
Minimum 2 years of technical experience with electrical/electronics or an advanced degree in Engineering
Familiarity with rotating equipment and PLC systems is desirable. Systematic Problem Solving Skills
Experience may be Mechanical, Instrumentation, and/or Electrical and will show aptitude for a cross-disciplined approach to the job requirements.
Must be able to hold and maintain a full offshore medical and survival certificate to suit all areas of assignment is required.
Fitness for duty (onshore or offshore) required.
Able to interpret Mechanical and/or Electrical drawings required.
Applicants should have demonstrated excellent performance in current and prior positions and must demonstrate high energy levels, a sense of urgency, have the ability to work independently or in a team environment, and apply sound business judgment.
Able to display the ability to professionally represent Solar at all times.
Willing and able to work unpredictable hours (weekends and holidays included), flexible to schedule changes and heavy travel requirements (up to 70%).
Basic Computer skills required. Local candidates will be given strong preference.
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Solar Turbines offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, vacation, 401k, incentive bonus, tuition reimbursement and professional development/advancement opportunities.
Solar Turbines is an equal opportunity employer.
Solar Turbines conducts drug screens and background checks.
See Job Description