SUMMARY: As a Field Service Specialist, you report to the Field Service Manager and install, maintain, consult, train and service the entire XLTEK product line of Neurodiagnostic Devices and Software. Position requires significant travel and ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Stay up-to-date and follow all Quality System procedures related to this job, which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
2. Plan, manage and perform small to large neurology installations as assigned. Ensure all installations are managed in a professional and workmanlike manner in accordance with the Company standards and directives and customer requirements.
3. Perform preventative/routine maintenance or field dispatch service on installed equipment in a professional and workmanlike manner. Will be required to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair PC, network and proprietary hardware and software issues. Advise management when response time objectives cannot be met. Retains ownership of all problems until resolution.
Responsible for diagnosing and analyzing causes of product failures, reporting findings and making recommendations for improvement by providing feedback to Engineering, Operations and other cross functional teams.
If assigned customer site management, keep management and sales staff aware of all developments at the site. Keep customers fully satisfied by keeping them informed as to your activities when on site and/or working on their behalf on site.
Perform customer training as part of an installation or at a scheduled customer training classes at the customer site or Natus offices as requested.
7. Attend technical and general skills development training courses as directed and keep abreast of developments/technical product information. Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning by upgrading knowledge and skills through internal and external learning.
8. Accurately complete all data entry activities including expense reports, and enter into corporate systems as defined by procedures. Ensure all required paperwork and customer signatures are attached. All entry will be done within timelines set by Company.
Have direct interaction with customers to build relationships, establish communications and promote Natus.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· College Diploma or University Degree or equivalent work experience in related area such as IT or medicine/biology
· 5 years of relevant field service experience performing installations, training, and troubleshooting. Medical Device experience preferred
· Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), MCSE or A+
· SQL Server administration, Database administration a plus
Other Skills and Abilities
· Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Win XP, Win7)
· Microsoft Server Operating Systems, active directory, group policies
· IT tools for imaging and asset management, Enterprise Anti-Virus
· Network infrastructure and planning
· Familiarity with Citrix Server
· Excellent customer service skills
· Information seeking
· Listening, understanding and responding. Ability to deliver required results with high levels of customer satisfaction, both internal and external.
· Analytical thinking
· Knowledge Transfer
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Confident, responsible, dependable, punctual, realistic positive, flexible, efficient
· Able to work independently
· High results-oriented team player
· Achievement Orientation
· Superb project planning, coordination, leadership skills
· Excellent all-round customer focus
· Patient, methodical, neat and clean work habits
· Excellent documentation and organizational skills
Travel Required: Extensive
Must hold a valid drivers license and have a driving record showing zero felony convictions and less than three moving violations in the previous three years.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers common
fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent and to draw and interpret bar
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but involved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is (sometimes, regularly, frequently) required to:
- sit, walk, stand
- use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls
- reach with hands and arms
- climb or balance
- stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- talk or hear
- taste or smell
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to work at a keyboard and computer. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include (close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus).
Location: Memphis, TN
Status: Full Time
Natus Medical Incorporated is an EOE, M/F/D/V
You may also fax your resume to (650) 802-0531 Attn: Human Resources, referring to the Job Title.
No calls please, principals only and only local candidates will be considered.
Natus Medical Incorporated - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Natus is a leading provider of healthcare products used for the screening, detection, treatment, monitoring and tracking of common medical...