Independent, results oriented, and self-motivated technician to provide a variety of service, training, and technical service support activities for LNG Vehicle Fuel Systems products manufactured by the D&S Division at the Chart–Canton facility.
. MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Insure timely and continuous quality service to the customer.
2. Coordinate communications regarding installation and repair of equipment within the customer’s location.
3. Insure accurate technical publications on equipment in the field.
4. Prepare detailed service reports
5. Maintain tools and test equipment used in installations.
6. Maintain customer contact with all levels of supervision and the customer.
7. Perform tasks associated with electrical components.
8. Troubleshoot control systems.
9. Read and understand electronic tools and meters.
10. Coordinate, perform and report results from testing. This includes logging results as required by written or verbal instructions.
11. Adhere to contractual service agreements per sales and customer service directives.
12. Perform quality tests as instructed by work instructions, engineering or supervisor to ensure product quality.
13. Utilize ISO 9000 knowledge and application standards.
14. Observe and practice safety procedures and policies.
15. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
1. Technical diploma/Certification required, preferably diesel mechanic.
1. At least 5 years’ experience , preferably with medium – or heavy-duty trucks.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent communication skills used in answering customer’s questions and performing field service.
2. Detailed understanding of electrical systems.
3. Ability to read electrical schematics.
4. Read and understand detailed blue prints.
5. Must possess a working knowledge of personal computers including MS Office, JD Edwards.
6. Basic understanding of Industrial Controls and PLC’s
7. Knowledge and understanding of safety procedures and policies.
8. Awareness and understanding of quality standards.
1. Extensive travel to customer sites.
2. Exposure to metal cuttings and welding odors.
3. May involve exposure to temperature extremes
4. Exposure to occasional flying debris.
5. Required use of safety glasses with side shields.
1. Possible handling of materials with rough edges.
2. Possible exposures to temperature extremes.
3. Repetitive movement of hands, wrists and fingers.
4. Possible exposure to flying debris.
5. Exposure to high voltage.
6. Exposure to flammable gas mixtures.
1. Frequent standing, sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, and walking,
2. Frequent lifting up to 75 lbs., occasional heavier lifting.
3. Occasional pushing, pulling of materials up to 40 lbs.