The Field Service Technician position is an opportunity to support and service World Class Fitness Products including Cardio, Strength, Video and Networked systems. We are looking for someone that will be a face of the company to our customers in the Los Angeles area. The role will be providing a high level of customer care and technical troubleshooting to resolve product and customer issues at customer locations.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Provide technical assistance to other servicing agents and end users. Install, troubleshoot, analyze and repair Precor fitness and entertainment equipment. Ensure a sound working relationship with customers in your territory. Work with Computer Dispatch System for accurate record keeping. Position reports to the Customer Service Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
- Independently isolate and resolve issues raised by Precor customers.
- Exercise considerable independent discretion and judgment.
- Manage your own appointment schedule with customer following dispatch from Home Office.
- Directly interface with all levels of customer's organizations on a wide range of product topics.
- Install new equipment and/or modifications.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and adjustments.
- Provide technical supports to customer via on-site and telephone support.
- Advise or train customer on proper operation, maintenance of their Precor equipment.
- Provide detailed reporting on equipment problems in the field.
- Maintain a proper inventory of spare parts.
- Maintain company supplied vehicle in good working order.
- Daily local travel is required.
- Occasionally overnight, weekend or holiday work may be required.
- Working around customer's schedules will require flexibility of working hours of both start and end times during a typical work period.
- Equipment to be serviced will be located in Public corporate and private fitness centers. Occasionally it will necessary to service equipment in private residences
EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS and PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of AA in Electronics, Technical School Degree as Electronics Technician, or equivalent Technical Training.
- Plus a minimum of 12 months as a Field Service Technician working with Fitness equipment or products of equivalent or greater complexity.
- Must have and maintain a current valid driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- Must have the ability to work with basic hand tools and a mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to lift 70 lbs. or more on a regular basis.
Keyword: Field Service, Precor, Customer advocate, Self motivated, Quality, Integrity, Organized, Electrical, Electrinc, Mechanical, troubleshoting, problem solving
- Must possess excellent customer care skills.
- Must be able to pass a personal criminal record background check.
- Computer literate with demonstrable ability to use, MS Word, Excel, outlook and the Internet.
- Can demonstrate the able to work independently with minimal direct supervision
- Ability to work with a variety of electronic test equipment.
- Knowledge of electronic troubleshooting techniques.
- Ability to work with schematics or other reference material on mechanical electrical and electronic devices.
- Familiarity with and the ability to troubleshoot difficult problems.
From: Precor Inc.
Founded in 1980, Precor is headquartered northeast of Seattle in Woodinville, Wash., with international offices in the United Kingdom,...