Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Division: SII - Customer Services - Field Services
Location: CT - Hartford
Req ID: 113352
Position Title: Field Service Technician - Water Treatment - Hartford, CT
Experience Level: Mid Level
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Required: Yes
Siemens Industry, Inc. is the U.S. affiliate of Siemens’ global Industry Sector business—the world’s leading supplier of production, transportation and building technology solutions. The company’s integrated hardware and software technologies enable comprehensive industry-specific solutions for industrial and infrastructure providers to increase their productivity, sustainability and profitability. The Industry Sector includes six divisions: Building Technologies, Industry Automation, Industry Solutions, Mobility, Drive Technologies and Osram Sylvania. With nearly 204,000 Siemens Industry Sector employees worldwide, the Industry Sector posted a worldwide profit of $4.7 billion on revenues of $47.3 billion in fiscal 2010. www.usa.siemens.com/Industry
Siemens Industry, Inc. is searching for a Field Service Technician for our Water Technologies Business Unit located Hartford, CT. The Field Service Technician will provide installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs, maintenance and overhauls to our water treatment equipment at multiple customer locations. This position will provide semi-complex training to customers on products and services, as well as documenting all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, etc. The key responsibility for the Field Service Technician is to effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them, including performing repair or referring more complex issues to others.
In addition to the normal Monday-Friday work week, this position will have minimal overtime expectations, and will be required to work an after-hours, on-call rotation, which could include some weekends and holidays.
The qualifications this individual will have include:
- HS Diploma, although an Associates Degree or vocational technical training is strongly desired
- At least 3-5 years directly related experience in installation, repair, and maintenance of equipment
- Water treatment experience helpful, but not necessary
- Clean driving record, including ability to drive a commercial motor vehicle
- 5+ years Plumbing experience
- 3+ years Electrical experience
- PLC Programming experience helpful, but not necessary
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be willing and able to work weekends, holidays, and after-hours on-call rotation as required
WaterJobsOnline.com - 16 months ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...