Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Division: SII - Customer Services - Field Services
Location: TN - Memphis
Req ID: 115231
Position Title: Field Service Technician - Water Treatment Equipment - Memphis, TN
Experience Level: Entry Level
Education Required: High School Diploma
Travel Required: Yes
Siemens' Industry Sector is the world’s leading supplier of innovative and environmentally friendly products and solutions for industrial customers. With end-to-end automation technology and industrial software, solid vertical-market expertise, and technology-based services, the Industry Sector enhances its customers’ productivity, efficiency and flexibility. Industry’s global workforce of more than 100,000 employees, and North America workforce of more than 15,000, work across the following Divisions: Industry Automation, Drive Technologies and Customer Services as well as the Sector-led Business Unit Metals Technologies. For more information on the Industry sector, visit www.usa.siemens.com/industry
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
Siemens Industry, Inc. is currently searching for a Field Service Technician to support our Water Technologies Business Unit located in Memphis, TN. The Field Service Technician will provide assistance with installation, trial runs, investigative tests, repairs, maintenance, calibrations and overhauls to our water treatment equipment. Additionally, the Field Service Technician will load and unload assigned service truck and exchange deionization tanks at customer sites. This position will provide assistance with training the customer on products and services, as well as documenting all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, etc. The key responsibility for the Field Service Technician is to effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them, including performing repair or referring more complex issues to others.
In addition to working a normal Monday through Friday work schedule, the Field Service Technician participates in the on-call after-hours rotation every other month and may result in some overtime, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
The qualifications this individual will have include:
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least 2 years directly related experience in installation, repair, and maintenance of industrial equipment (pumps and motors), although candidates with a 2-year vocational or technical degree with less than 2 years experience will also be considered
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical
- Experience with Reverse Osmosis and Deionization equipment strongly desired, but not necessary
- Industrial water treatment or water chemistry experience helpful, but not necessary
- Must have strong mechanical knowledge, including pumps, valves and PVC piping
- General electrical knowledge helpful
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must be willing and able to work some overtime, weekends, and holidays as required in the on-call after-hours rotation
- Must be able to follow all safety rules and wear all required safety equipment
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous Materials Endorsement for transport of material and Hazwoper training on hazardous spills
WaterJobsOnline.com - 18 months ago
Siemens AG (Siemens) is engaged in electronics and electrical engineering. During the fiscal year ended September 30, 2008 (fiscal 2008),...