Siemens Industry, Inc is searching for a Field Service Technician to support or Water Technologies Business Unit located in Signal Hill, CA. The Field Service Technician will provide installation, start-up, investigative test, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance to our water treatment equipment (Reverse Osmosis, CDI and Deionization water systems) at multiple customer locations throughout the area. This position will provide semi complex training to customers on products and services, as well as documenting all installations, inspections, maintenance, repair work, ect. The Key responsibility for the Field Service Technician is to effectively identify problems as they occur and take appropriate steps to solve them, including performing repair or referring more complex issue to others.
This position will have a typical work schedule of Monday –Friday, with some occasional overtime and after-hours on-call rotation (once every few weeks for one week) responsibilities, to include some weekend and holidays.
The qualifications this individual will have include:
- HS Diploma or equivalent, although an Associates Degree or vocational / technical training is strongly desired.
- At least 3-5 years directly related experience in installation, repair and maintenance of industrial equipment.
- At least 3-5 years general experience in plumbing or pipe fitting with understanding on how to read and understand piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and having experience with PCV, PP, PVDF piping systems desired.
- At least 3-5 years general experience in electrical to include troubleshooting controls, wiring motors both single and three phases and the ability to read electrical schematics and As-Built drawings.
- PLC experience helpful, but not necessary.
- A Valid Drivers License and clean driving record.
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs on a daily basis.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be willing and able to work an after-hour on –call rotation schedule, to include some overtime, weekends and holidays.
Siemens - 14 months ago