The main function of this position is to diagnose and troubleshoot issues at existing AMI system projects throughout the US. The field technician will also support the installation and upgrading of AMI systems as needed. In addition to problem resolution, the primary responsibilities include the installation of RF system infrastructure (collectors and repeaters) and meters in the field, gathering field data, and performing RF functionality checks.
The position will be responsible for temporarily overseeing other employees or temporary positions during the course of an installation where additional manpower is required to complete a job within a specified time frame. The position will require extensive travel dependant on the job size and duration. This position will often provide an interface between Mueller Systems and our customer base. Personal appearance, grooming, management and communication skills are integral parts of assuring our customers view Mueller Systems in a positive light. The ability to document and record installation efforts, hours worked, and any issues encountered in the field require the ability to use the Microsoft Office suite of products for communication with other Mueller Systems employees and our customer base. The position must adhere to all safety precautions and carry out all work in a safe and efficient manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot existing AMI systems under the direction of Project Manager and in conjunction with AMI Systems Analyst
- Install AMI systems infrastructure
- Support site surveys to identify system infrastructure requirements, constraints, and considerations
- Provide periodic update to Project Managers and Field Ops Management
- Document field procedures
- This position will require 100% travel.
Technical Skills & Knowledge :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work related experience with utilities and/or AMR/AMI technology companies.
- Technical degree desirable (EE, Electronics, etc.)
- Safety training, CPR certification, and or structured life safety training a plus
- A minimum of 5-10 years of progressive field experience with deployment/installation of wireless products and/or with utility meters (water, gas, or electric)
- Personnel management and training experience a plus
- Familiarity with RF fundamentals and technology
- The ability to make individual decisions when required without direct supervision
- Demonstrated responsibility in the management and day to day operations of an installation team since the Sr. Field Technician may often cover for the Project Manager.
- Given heavy travel requirements, familiarity with air travel practices and ability to self navigate.
Mueller Systems - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Mueller Systems provides Smart Metering solutions to optimize the delivery and use of energy and water. Municipalities that supply...