Works independently or in tandem with other technicians, is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing SPS enterprise-level business communication systems.
- Installs, maintains, repairs and programs complex data/voice convergence systems and components including the Avaya Aura Communication Manager, IP Office, Partner Edition, Server Edition and associated messaging.
- Diagnoses complex system failures, identifies alternative solutions, and implements the appropriate corrective action(s).
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations by ensuring that customer requests are handled in an efficient, effective and timely manner.
- Provides technical expertise to supervisory personnel in the technical planning of installations.
- Performs site surveys of complex facilities.
- Supports the “out of hours” support team as necessary.
- Attends training and meetings as required.
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or GED. Avaya or CompTIA certifications preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of technical support experience
Related Job Skills:
- Ability to implement, upgrade and service voice/data communications systems including the Avaya IP Office, Partner Edition and associated messaging.
- Ability to perform field upgrades for AVAYA equipment and associated peripheral software.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize PC skills related to voice/data system installation and service.
- Demonstrated ability within a "repair service" environment solving complex service problems.
- Senior ability and technical knowledge required to diagnose complex system failures, develop alternatives and implement appropriate corrective actions.
- Demonstrated ability to perform programming and hardware changes
- Avaya ACS Certification preferred or equivalent work experience
- Follow established company policies, work rules and technical procedures
- Willingness to work overtime on various projects and assignments when required.
- Willingness to travel for Project work if required.
- Demonstrated ability to independently complete site surveys of complex facilities.
- Ability to provide technical expertise to supervisory personnel in the technical planning of installations.
- Must be able to participate in and pass Background Checks
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain is a plus
• Superior technical analytical skills.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to work independently and meet deadlines with minimum supervision.
• The ability to remain calm, responsive and effective “under fire”.
• Strong customer service, follow-up and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-service oriented environment.
• Intellectual curiosity and the desire to constantly keep up with new aspects of the technology.
Requires good keyboard and fine motor skills. Periodic walking, prolonged standing and occasional bending, climbing, reaching and crawling will be required. Occasional need to lift up to 50 pounds.