Position Title: Field Sketcher/Drafter
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Branch Manager/Operations Manager/Site Supervisor
Other Requirements: Occasional out of town and overnight travel.
Field Sketchers/Drafters will be responsible for sketching process piping and fixed equipment. Required to read and understand piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's). Field Sketchers/Drafters should be familiar with common industry pipe fitting practices as well as be able to draft in isometric planes while visualizing mechanical piping.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintains safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns.
• Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to Teams Core Values of:
o Safety First – in everything we do.
o Integrity – means doing the right thing.
o Service Leadership – throughout the company.
o Innovation – supports continuous growth and improvement.
o Pride and Respect – for ourselves and our company.
• Experience walking down and field sketching piping and plant equipment
• Ability to sketch and interpret P&ID's
• Ability to draft in isometric planes while visualizing mechanical piping
• Solid understanding of plant equipment and accessibility procedures
• Knowledge of valves, piping, and fittings in a process plant environment
• Use of Microsoft Office tools including Excel and Access
• Use of basic Windows operations and file management
NON ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Filing job folders, P&ID’s.
• Must have basic computer usage skills and literacy.
• Prefer piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's)
• Prefer proven experience dealing with end users.
• Prefer Manufacturing knowledge (Processes, Machining, Welding and Forming)
• Experience with common industry pipe fitting practices as well as be able to draft in isometric planes while visualizing mechanical piping.
• Experience as a Level II NDE technician is a plus.
• Field duties require outdoor work in a plant atmosphere.
• Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel.
• Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels.
• Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection.
• May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes.
• May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis.
• Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds.
• Must be able to walk and climb except when performing non-field duties.
• Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively;
• Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations;
• Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties;
• Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
• Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
This job description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and levels of work difficulty required of the position given this title and shall not be construed as declaring what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify the right of management to assign, direct and control the work of employees under supervision. The listing of duties and responsibilities shall not be held to exclude other duties not mentioned that are of similar kind or level of difficulty.
TEAM Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please select "Apply Now" to begin filling out your profile information.
Team Industrial Services, Inc. - 17 months ago