USA-North Carolina-Fort Bragg
It's an exciting time to be part of Engility!
Engility is a top defense contractor and leading provider of acquisition and engineering services, training programs, and sustainment support.
Attention Field Software Engineers, we want you!
Field Software Engineers will ensure the Tactical Mission Command (TMC) System remains functional, available, and supports unit mission readiness. Performance of Field Software Engineering duties should require a minimal level of supervision, demonstrating initiative, reliability and independent judgment. Provides field engineering support for the software updates, integration, modification, evolution, testing, knowledge management, quality assurance, and configuration management, encompassing field support for workstations, databases, networks, communications, and web-based applications.
- FSR skills include MS Windows Enterprise services including Sharepoint 2007, knowledge of Army C4ISR systems, and prior military service with honorable discharge is preferred.
- Performs routine system maintenance and computer system administrative functions.
- Capable of using, operating systems and database management systems.
- Performs analysis of system operations. Must have experience in fault detection, isolation, and correction of computer systems and individual peripheral devices.
- Must ensure all training is conducted to standard with all training objective completed satisfactory.
- Responsible for the successful accomplishment of providing quality TMC support during a unit exercise.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining ABCS Command Post of the Future (CPOF) clients, Maneuver Control System (MCS) clients.
- Become a subject matter expert on all TMC systems to include CPOF, MCS, and other ABCS systems.
- Trains soldiers both formally and informally to maximize enterprise system, TBC C2 tools, and refine/improve SOPs.
- Interacts with unit leadership to ensure service satisfaction.
- Proactive in providing Operational Situation Awareness for soldiers through Live Feeds.
- Ensures TMC mission success for units.
- Cross trains other TMC FSRs.
- Calls for additional support as required.
- The FSR may be required to perform these functions in the United States in field living conditions, or overseas, or in combat zones and other hazardous conditions for up to 6 months at a time.
- FSR skills include MS Windows Enterprise services including Active Directory, Sharepoint 2007, knowledge of Army C4ISR systems, and prior military service with honorable discharge.
Must possess Comptia Security + Certification.
Must have a current Secret security clearance
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Needs to have clear, concise, and accurate communication skills.
- Must have ability to work well with office staff and customer representatives.
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that fosters good relations with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
was formed in 2012 and is headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. Our name is derived from "engineering" and "agility" and we employ great people who anticipate and move quickly to serve our customers. Engility has about 9,000 employees in locations throughout the United States and worldwide. Our professionals provide a broad range of technical, analytical, operational, training, security services and products to government and commercial customers. At Engility, we conduct ourselves with the utmost of integrity, accountability and respect to honor our commitment to excellence in everything we do. Our core competencies include SETA support, professional services, education and training, operational support, logistics and international capacity development.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
We offer a competitive benefits package that includes: Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long- and short-term disability, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, and tuition reimbursement.
Engility is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Engility provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Engility maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, please contact us on our home page.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Yes, 25% of the time
Engility Corporation - 23 months ago
When Uncle Sam says, "I want you for the US Army," Engility Holdings strives to answer the call, and then some. A government...