The Charlotte, NC Branch is seeking a full time Field Supervisor to work in Charlotte and surrounding areas. The Supervisor will be required to work second and third shift.
The Field Supervisor manages, supervises, and coordinates the activities, at the field level, of all assigned Security Officer(s) and executes all tasks related to maintaining prescribed standards in compliance with the Standard Operating Procedure for the accounts supported by the Branch Office.
- Provides the first line of supervision during those hours when an Operations Staff member is not on duty;
- Has a working knowledge and understanding of the Specific and General Post instructions for all Branch posts. Has practical knowledge of all additional and emergency post instructions that are called for by the client;
- Patrols Branch assigned posts and accounts, using company provided vehicle;
- Has authority invested in them to make decisions that are in compliance with Walden policies;
- Has the authority to relieve any security officer that is in violation of Walden rules/regulations/ procedures;
- Provides shift supervision of all posts and the security officers, including the Roving patrols on duty during that time, randomly visiting post/accounts and performing inspections of the security officers manning the posts;
- Conducts inspections of Posts and Security Officer(s) for proper compliance with the specific Post Orders, Walden procedures and general knowledge of post assignment;
- Assists in conducting on-the-job-training for newly assigned security officers as necessary;
- Responds to urgent client needs/requests for services or changes to services;
- Informs the Operations Manager of matters/issues that cannot wait until the next workday;
- Records the daily events of their post on the Daily Inspection Report (DIR) which will be reviewed daily by the Operations Manager and QA Manager;
- Examines doors, windows, and gates of assigned posts to determine that they are secure;
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and expel persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts;
- Registers at watch stations to record time of inspection trips and contracted random inspections.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of 1 year documented, active employment in delivering Security Guard services, law enforcement, and/or military police experience. Prior supervisory experience required.
Language Skills: Must have the ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to obtain NC Unarmed Security Guard license, CPR, AED and other first-aid certifications as required; Valid Driver’s License with a clean driving history.
Other Qualifications: Must be 25 years of age. Must be able to use a computer and operate hand-held electronic devices such as an Android.
Physical Demands: Ability to pass a drug test. The physical demands are based on the contract and must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job and may include walking, standing and climbing of stairs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Walden Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Walden Security is something of a right-hand man -- or in this case, woman -- to businesses and government. Majority owned and operated by...