“The Power of One”
Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world.
Gen-Probe Incorporated is a global leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of molecular diagnostics products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, ensure transplant compatibility, and aid biomedical research.
We are delighted to announce that as of August 1st, 2012. Hologic and Gen-Probe have joined forces to create Hologic’s molecular diagnostics business. Hologic Gen-Probe is dedicated to saving lives through early detection, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatment. Together we are a Company that is ethically, emotionally and financially committed to helping improve lives the world over. By joining forces, we have a rare opportunity to make a greater difference, a responsibility we take very seriously.
“ The Power to Shape Your Future”
We are seeking a Field Systems Coordinator who will be responsible for providing support to the Field service department in the way of continuous improvement processes, developing and coordinating key procedures for equipment repair/distribution, inventory management, order fulfillment, and personnel training to maximize field personnel efficiency and minimize cost. Interact extensively with multiple departments to manage and improve workflow, and to ensure GMP and FDA requirements are met through compliance to ISO regulations and internal SOPs.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
RELATED BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
- Gather, analyze, and provide Field Service management with monthly analysis relating to key department metrics and measurements, and help identify service trends and anomalies (e.g. timeliness of engineer arrivals and repairs).
- Oversee equipment-tracking process with employees from other departments to ensure proper rotation of serialized field equipment for ensuring compliance to Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Current Good Manufacturing Practices (CGMP), ISO 9000, company and departmental procedures and other regulations as appropriate.
- Facilitate the implementation of procedures for delivering, repairing and inventorying spare equipment and parts for field support.
- Coordinate DCR process to provide appropriate updates to Standard Operating Procedures, notifications and bulletins when required.
- Function as department Training Database Administrator to identify, schedule, and prepare quarterly and annual training for Field Service personnel, and to enter training into Training Database.
- Ensure training compliance of departmental procedures and other regulations as appropriate to field personnel. Provide training and guidance to department employees as needed. Coordinate training material re-production and distribution.
- Implement/maintain administrative systems for new employee induction & transfer.
- Provide travel coordination; domestic & international, including conference & seminar arrangements.
- Responsible for ensuring that all field personnel travel, lodging and labor hours are accurately captured for finance purposes.
- Reconcile monthly department financial statements.
- Set-up and maintain department web pages to disseminate common reports/information to staff and to other departments.
- Prepares documents including correspondence and communication timelines, charts, tables, presentations, meeting agendas, etc. Establishes word & excel databases to track reports.
- Coordinate all monthly meetings, maintaining schedule, agenda, action items, follow-up & minutes.
- Coordinate calendars and maintain schedules, records, databases, logs & files that may contain confidential information.
- Coordinate catering arrangements for meetings.
- Work closely with Field Service management team, QA/QC, Sales and other departments.
- Independently initiate and complete projects that will result in measurable improvements for the Field Service group.
- Work on assignments that are complex in nature where considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving problems and making recommendations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills, detail-oriented with the ability to handle multiple priorities. Able to coordinate and prioritize workload without close supervision.
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency working with MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Visio.
- Familiarity with ERP and/or CRM databases and processes desired
- Must demonstrate initiative, balanced assertiveness, ability to work as a team player and willingness to learn.
- Proven ability to think quickly and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to coworkers.
Hologic Gen-Probe offers a dynamic and innovative work environment along with excellent benefits that include sponsored medical/dental/vision benefits, bonus potential, 401(k) w/company match, paid vacation/sick time /holidays, assistance with continuing education, on-site fitness center, and our own Waterfall Café.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business or business management.
- The required skills, knowledge and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of 3 years related experience, 1 of which was in a clinical diagnostics setting
We invite you to view our Career Video!
Please apply online by visiting:
Gen-Probe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be given consideration regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, handicap status or veteran status.
Gen-Probe Inc. - 22 months ago