FIELD TECHNICIAN – INDUSTRIAL AIR
LOCATION: DICKINSON, NORTH DAKOTA
# OF OPENINGS: 7
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for a field technician that is able to undertake field assignments to provide customer service in the areas of SCBA training, Fresh Air Breathing Orientation, breathing air and respiratory equipment trailer staffing, safety and/or rescue watches, hole watch, bottle watch, fire watch, or related supervisory work.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide customer services as an onsite, certified confined space rescue and safety supervisor. (Subject to special certification training)
- Provide onsite trailer facility breathing air systems and respiratory equipment testing, cleaning and decontamination, portable gas detection monitor calibration, and “Field Level” maintenance and technical repair services. (Subject to special certification training)
- Provide customer onsite services with Respirator Fit Testing and pulmonary function testing (PFT). (Subject to special certification training)
- Provide customer services with onsite “Fresh Air Breathing Orientation” training to include SCBA normal and emergency donning procedures.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent or 2 or more years field level experience in the petrochemical or oil refinery related industry.
- Valid driver's license from state of residence and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable for Total Safety vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
- Class C - Commercial Driver’s License with HAZMAT and Tanker endorsement is strongly preferred.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time to various client locations.
- Language: - Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical: - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer: - Overall good understanding of and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel Spreadsheets, Outlook, E-mail, Internet Software, and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company, such as RentalMan or similar AS400 mainframe based computer system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to correctly wear all forms of breathing apparatuses, including facial masks requiring air tight seals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND DEMANDS:
- Be trained to perform customer Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT’s) & qualitative/quantitative Respirator Fit Testing.
- Be trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment.
- Able to rig-up and use a wide range of safety and rescue equipment including but not limited to winches, tripods, retractable lifelines, harnesses, and lanyards. (Subject to OJT Training)
- Able to provide “Field Level Maintenance” on Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus(SCBA), supplied air respirators, escape pack respirators, and other respiratory equipment. (Subject to OJT and Manufacturer based training)
- Operate compressed breathing air systems, high-pressure air manifolds, regulators and airlines. (Subject to OJT Training)
- Operate electronic safety and communications systems including portable gas monitors, hand-held radios, confined space systems, and other related equipment. (Subject to OJT Training)
- Work Environment: The job activities will require the employee to work in a shop/warehouse environment and/or at customer job site locations. On an as needed basis, the employee may be assigned to support field services on an offshore drilling rig. The employee will be required to be able to drive all categories of trucks up to and including trucks requiring a Class C Commercial Driving License. The job activities will require the employee to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds, and to operate hoist and rigging equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to be able to operate forklift equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis.
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance.
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching.
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Total Safety U.S., Inc. - 30+ days ago