The primary responsibility of this position is to independently perform a variety of routine, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and diagnostic advance repairs on oil injected and oil-free air compressors.
Revenue expectation - $195,000 - $220,000 per year
Gross Profit at approximately 72%
- Perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment
- Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with manufacturer's recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope).
- Document the proper operating parameters of the compressor prior to and following preventative maintenance and repair test.
- Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of Industrial and Oil-Free compressors.
- Monitor and test breathing air to ensure it meets specifications.
- Interpret technical and parts manuals to diagnose and repair equipment
- Identify and order appropriate parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Train and assist other Service Technicians.
- Provide technical support to other departments and personnel as required.
- Promote and practice proper safety procedures and the correct use of personal protective equipment at all times.
- Provide a high level of customer service, responding to customer needs and working to satisfy customer expectations.
- Develop rapport with customers through effective communication, interpersonal skills, and professionalism.
- Serve as an ambassador for the company, promoting the Gregory Poole culture and work ethics.
- Adhere to Lock Out Tag Out protocol.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete customer work order forms daily as well as service data reports, time cards, expense reports, and other job-related paperwork as required.
Must have a high school diploma or GED.
Six years of technical field service experience maintaining and repairing compressed air equipment all brands. Demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of Industrial and Oil-Free compressors. Possess strong mechanical and electrical skills as well as good understanding of single and three phase power. CFC Certified refrigeration experience a plus. Experience on other associated equipment to compressed air systems is a plus (i.e. dryers, electrical equipment, etc.)
Must be self-directed and have excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication, and problem-solving skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel; Can work independently with minimal supervision. Ability to interface with customers (both internal & external) effectively and courteously
Heavy lifting required. Must be able to work extended hours when required; Available for 24-hour emergency calls on a rotating basis. Weekend work may also be required. Occasional overnight travel may be required on short notice.
Field Activity- Must be able to daily operate a service vehicle and drive for extended periods to reach customer's locations. Field activities require a valid state driver's license (obtain within 30 days of hire a valid license within the state of GPEC's operation) and possess a safe driving record, as outlined in our GPEC Motor Vehicle Policy.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.
Gregory Poole Equipment Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard